• 3,876,077 Users
  • 2,267,057 Discussions
  • 7,912,420 Comments

Discussions

Old Java

2728404 Member Posts: 3
edited Aug 8, 2014 8:05AM in New To Java

Good Morning All,

I have a program that requires an old version of Java. The problem is that it keeps showing up on our Nessus security scan. I wanted to know if there was any way to get java 5 update 71. I saw it in the list of supported versions but have not found where to download it,

Thanks

Matt De Grave

TPD-Opitz

Best Answer

• I have a program that requires an old version of Java. The problem is that it keeps showing up on our Nessus security scan. I wanted to know if there was any way to get java 5 update 71. I saw it in the list of supported versions but have not found where to download it, 

The link Srini provided lists ALL of the publicly available Java releases for prior versions of Java.

As that page states the version you refer to is ONLY available if you have a support contract with Oracle.

Current update releases for JDK 5.0 and 6 are available for support customers.  If you already have a support contract see support note 1412103.2 

Oracle DOES produce/supply older versions with recent bug and security fixes but they are only available to customers with paid support.

If you have a support contract for Java read that support note and follow the instructions. If you don't you are limited to the publicly available versions listed on the link provided by Srini.

TPD-Opitz

Answers

This discussion has been closed.