• 3,781,165 Users
  • 2,254,486 Discussions
  • 7,879,602 Comments

Discussions

data source configuration in Jdev 11g

2668788 Member Posts: 74
edited Aug 27, 2014 1:31PM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi everyone,

I am using jdev 11.1.1.7. I need to modify the data source which is automatically created by Jdeveloper.  Where is the data source file in jdev 11g.

Thanks,

Tagged:

Answers

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,312 Gold Crown

For global and application level datasources a connection-name-jdbc.xml file is created in the /META-INF directory.

Deploying Applications

For connections <span class="codeinlineitalic" style="font-style: italic;">app-root/</span>.adf/META-INF/connections.xml with the connection.

Hi dvohra21,

I found the datasource xml file but after I modify it, when I rerun the project , the xml file reset itself automatically, I am trying to increase connection pool. How can I modify it ?

Thanks

• dvohra21

Configure the    connection pool in the database navigator in JDeveloper instead of the configuration file directly.

• kdario
    kdario Member Posts: 3,519 Silver Crown

You can(and probably you should ) create data source on (integrated) weblogic server, and exclude autogenerated datasource from deployment.

With this approach you will have much more options for datasource configuration, and easy reconfiguration without application redeployment.

See this blog for instructions on how to disable autogenerated ds deployment: The Blas from Pas: JDeveloper 11g - ADF Deployment using a Data Source defined in WLS itself

Dario

• rohanwalia
    rohanwalia Member Posts: 1,098

I do not think that Jdeveloper creates a DS on its own. You can always refer DS in your adf model application by editing AM Configurations and point it to correct DS. DS is always created in WLS and it has to be created manually to point to a specific DB.

Thanks

• kdario
    kdario Member Posts: 3,519 Silver Crown
    I do not think that Jdeveloper creates a DS on its own. 

When you create application module, this AM by default references data source named "connection_nameDS" and jdeveloper will include data source deployment descriptor(datasource xml or whatever) to ear file.

So if you want to use manually created datasource, you must uncheck "Auto generate and synchronize weblogic-jdbc.xml Descriptors during deployemnt" option.

(at least, this is jdev behavior for 11.1.2+ versions, but 11.1.1.x probably has similar approach)

Dario

hi dvohra21,

I check the database navigator but couldnot find where to configure connection pool in database navigator, could you please let me know where I should check exactly. I'll appreciate that.

Thanks

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,770 Red Diamond

Stay with @kdario  advise. The data source used by your application is not configured in the database navigator but in the application module under configurations. Here you select the local configuration and edit it. Select jdbc data source and not jdbc url.

Timo

Hi Timo,

yes, I tried to edit local configuration in application module, data source is already selected but nothing changed. I have more than one application module, should i edit all of them ?

Thanks

• dvohra21

I found the datasource xml file but after I modify it, when I rerun the project , the xml file reset itself automatically,

In which file is the database configuration is found? After modifying the configuration file, clear the cache and redeploy the application. Was the application redeployed?

This discussion has been closed.