developers

Forum Stats

• 3,873,610 Users
  • 2,266,618 Discussions
  • 7,911,592 Comments

Discussions

Where can I download JRE version to be released October 14, 2014?

user13397999
user13397999 Member Posts: 2
edited Sep 1, 2014 10:39AM in New To Java

I want to do some early testing of the coming JRE, so where can I download a copy of the JRE that will be released on October 14, 2014?

cesarHernandezGT

Answers

• I want to do some early testing of the coming JRE, so where can I download a copy of the JRE that will be released on October 14, 2014?

You need to contact Oracle if you desire to participate in any of their test programs.

The latest public Java release is the JDK 8u20 update. You can download it from the Downloads tab on this page:

JDK 8 Update Release Notes

The 'release' you are talking about is likely just the critical patch update as discussed in the 8u20 release notes:

JDK 8 Update Release Notes

JRE Expiration Date

The JRE expires whenever a new release with security vulnerability fixes becomes available. Critical patch updates, which contain security vulnerability fixes, are announced one year in advance on Critical Patch Updates, Security Alerts and Third Party Bulletin. This JRE (version 8u20) will expire with the release of the next critical patch update scheduled for October 14, 2014.

Unless you are part of Oracle's pre-release test program you will not have access to versions prior to their public release.

cesarHernandezGT
This discussion has been closed.
developers