Forum Stats

• 3,816,246 Users
  • 2,259,162 Discussions
  • 7,893,428 Comments

Discussions

When might version 5.1 become available?

Grizzled
Grizzled Member Posts: 127
edited Feb 17, 2015 11:09PM in APEX Discussions

Any plans, rumors, guesses? Eagerly waiting for the ability to have multiple multi-row "blocks" on a page and master-detail-detail...

Answers

• Scott Wesley
    Scott Wesley Member Posts: 6,188 Gold Crown
    edited Feb 13, 2015 10:29PM

Waaay to early to even begin speculate, with EA3 still running.

Keep an eye on the statement of direction

Oracle Application Express Statement of Direction

Though I'd hate to be a user of that application...

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,825 Red Diamond
    edited Feb 14, 2015 5:30AM
    1059570 wrote:

Please update your forum profile with a recognisable username instead of "1059570": Video tutorial how to change nickname available

Eagerly waiting for the ability to have multiple multi-row "blocks" on a page and master-detail-detail...

Why are you waiting? All of those features can be developed now using reports, custom PL/SQL processes and jQuery plug-ins.

Having been involved in applications where they were, I would concur with Scott. Just because you can, it doesn't mean that you should...

• Grizzled
    Grizzled Member Posts: 127
    edited Feb 17, 2015 3:09PM
    fac586 wrote:

All of those features can be developed now using reports, custom PL/SQL processes and jQuery plug-ins.

Having been involved in applications where they were, I would concur with Scott. Just because you can, it doesn't mean that you should...

That's exactly why I'm waiting for something less of a bug magnet, and trust me, users of a current master-detail-detail Forms application would love to use a web form with the same functionality if it works at all, rather than jump through 10 different web pages to do what they are used to doing with a few clicks on one form.

• joelkallman-Oracle
    joelkallman-Oracle Senior Director, Software Development Posts: 4,082 Employee
    edited Feb 17, 2015 11:09PM

"1059570",

We hear you loud and clear, and I completely agree with you.  It was a shame the multiple grids dropped off the 5.0 train.  However, the entire purpose of the APEX 5.1 release will be to include those high priority features (like multiple editable grids per page) in a short release cycle, certainly much shorter than the 5.0 multi-year project.  The scope of APEX 5.1 will be much smaller and must elegantly solve the use case you so perfectly stated.  It's what a Forms customer expects, nothing less.

Joel

Grizzled
This discussion has been closed.