Forum Stats

• 3,769,580 Users
  • 2,252,982 Discussions
  • 7,875,096 Comments

Discussions

Cannot enable Transactions using ODBC Adapter from a .NET based product to an Oracle 11g db

shyju_gs
shyju_gs Member Posts: 4

Environment details:

1. 64 bit Windows Server 2012 R2 machine

2. 64 bit .NET application using ODBC connection to connect to an Oracle 11g db

3. Oracle Server is also 64 bit.

Installed 64-bit ODAC 11.2 Release 5 (11.2.0.3.20) for Windows x64 components from

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index-090165.html

P.S.: the Oracle Services for MTS was checked during installation.

Created an ODBC DSN using the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit). This is used in the .NET application to establish connection to the oracle db.

Connectivity works fine if i do not enable transactions, but if i enable transactions i get this error:

ERROR [HY000] [Oracle][ODBC]MTS support not available, could not load ORAMTS.DLL

I see there are lots of discussions around this topic, i have tried everything but nothing has worked. I always end up with the same error.

Can someone suggest what can be done to troubleshoot this issue?

shyju_gs

Best Answer

• Raviraja-Oracle
    Raviraja-Oracle Member Posts: 21
    edited Feb 19, 2015 11:07PM Accepted Answer

Hi,

I assume that your Environment variable PATH and ORACLE_HOME is correctly set.

This seems to be related to Bug 13366218 : ODBC DLL IN 11G CLIENT FAILS TO LOAD ORAMTS DLL

This Bug is not yet fixed and is specific to ODAC.

Workaround is to copy ORAMTS*.dll from the full client 'bin' directory after taking the back up of current ORAMTS*.dll

Other option is to use Oracle Full client.

Regards,

Ravi

shyju_gsshyju_gs

Answers

• Raviraja-Oracle
    Raviraja-Oracle Member Posts: 21
    edited Feb 19, 2015 11:07PM Accepted Answer

Hi,

I assume that your Environment variable PATH and ORACLE_HOME is correctly set.

This seems to be related to Bug 13366218 : ODBC DLL IN 11G CLIENT FAILS TO LOAD ORAMTS DLL

This Bug is not yet fixed and is specific to ODAC.

Workaround is to copy ORAMTS*.dll from the full client 'bin' directory after taking the back up of current ORAMTS*.dll

Other option is to use Oracle Full client.

Regards,

Ravi

shyju_gsshyju_gs
  • shyju_gs
    edited Feb 20, 2015 11:01AM

Hello Ravi,

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question. I am currently in the process of downloading and installing the full client version.

From here: Oracle Database 11g Release 2 for Microsoft Windows (x64)

I will definitely post my update here so it will be useful to anyone else having the same issue.

Regards

Shyju

• shyju_gs
    edited Feb 20, 2015 2:33PM

Thank You Ravi for the great insight, it has saved the left over hair on my head.

Steps i followed:

1. Download the Full 11g Oracle Client for x64 Windows (link in my reply above).

2. Removed all existing Oracle ODAC installations and restarted the server (Just in case!!)

3. Installed Full Client using the 'Custom' option. Chose all option except the Oracle Scheduler Agent (which i didn't really need).

4. Hit next and left all default options for the rest of the screens.

After successful installation. Tried connecting the .NET application with transactions enabled and it worked!!!!

Thanks a lot and appreciate the help

Regards

Shyju

This discussion has been closed.