On January 27th, this site will be read-only as we migrate to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,626 Users
  • 2,269,768 Discussions
  • 7,916,798 Comments

Discussions

Simple tasks using FRDM K64F

2892292 Member Posts: 7
edited Feb 26, 2015 11:37AM in Java ME Embedded

Hi, all. Please excuse my ignorance, I am very new at this. I have some questions that seem simple, but have not been able to find the answers.

1. Does this board have some kind of unique identifier that I can fetch in my MIDlet? If we have 100 or more of these in a factory, we will need to have an easy way of knowing which board is sending data.

2. Is there a real time clock option that I can add to the board? Or a way to sync the clock over the network? This is a pain in development, but I guess once these are running 24x7 it won't be a problem. Unless the power goes out.

3. Is there a way to setup a configuration file on the SD card and then read values into the MIDlet? Things like IP address of the server, timeout settings, etc.

4. I have looked at the Http connection to POST data to our REST web server. Is there an Async option for this?

Thanks to all! I'm struggling to get up the curve.

Regards,

Pete

Best Answer

• Sergey.N-Oracle
    Sergey.N-Oracle Member Posts: 99
    edited Feb 26, 2015 5:49AM Answer ✓

Hi Pete,

1) There is device Unique Identification register but unfortunately MMIO API is not implemented this device series and there is no way to extract it from Java. Ethernet MAC address ca be used to UUID as well, or other property defined at jwc_properties.ini

2) There is internal RTC but to supply it with battery board modification is required.

3) See jwc_properties.ini (application section)

4) Only with separate Thread

/Sergey

Answers

• Sergey.N-Oracle
    Sergey.N-Oracle Member Posts: 99
    edited Feb 26, 2015 5:49AM Answer ✓

Hi Pete,

1) There is device Unique Identification register but unfortunately MMIO API is not implemented this device series and there is no way to extract it from Java. Ethernet MAC address ca be used to UUID as well, or other property defined at jwc_properties.ini

2) There is internal RTC but to supply it with battery board modification is required.

3) See jwc_properties.ini (application section)

4) Only with separate Thread

/Sergey

2892292 Member Posts: 7
    edited Feb 26, 2015 11:37AM

Thank you, Sergey! I will look into getting values from the .ini file. I will use a separate thread for the POST.

Regards,

Pete

This discussion has been closed.