• 3,814,855 Users
  • 2,258,920 Discussions
  • 7,892,876 Comments

Discussions

Oracle MAF Licensing for custom mobile application

Himanshu Rao
Himanshu Rao Member Posts: 36
edited Nov 29, 2017 9:04PM in Mobile Application Framework

I'm developing an mobile app using MAF and have a WLS licence. Now i read a previous post about the Oracle MAF license information(https://community.oracle.com/thread/3595029?start=0&tstart=0) which states Oracle MAF is licensed "per user per app", or" per app with unlimited users".

I would like more information on this in terms if i'm using Oracle MAF only for front-end development of mobile pages and deploying using my provisioning profile, then how does Oracle restrict/support my MAF application ? How does the license agreement comes into picture? What support from Oracle do i get, for my custom application, by paying licensing fees? Also does this MAF licensing also apply to "E-Business Suite Smartphone Apps" ?

I'm in parallel contacting our sales rep.

Regards,

Himanshu Rao

Tagged:

Answers

1978500 Member Posts: 18
    edited Mar 9, 2015 10:58AM

I am interested in these sort of questions as well. The pricing page is confusing. I confirmed with Oracle that per-user per-app means per-end-user not per-developer. So, these in my mind would only be suitable for non-public apps or public apps where you define the end-users.

I'm interested in ongoing costs. If I purchase a 5-year term for the per-app license, is the $12,100 for support included in the first year and is that the only recurring cost?

• Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
    Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle Director of Product Management for Oracle's Cloud Development Tools Posts: 16,865 Employee
    edited Mar 9, 2015 1:59PM

There are actually two ways to license MAF.

One is per-user-per-app - so basically if you know the number of end-users that will be using your mobile app (and this number is lower than 500) you will choose this option. You'll pay Oracle a certain amount per each user - this is regardless of what backend you are using.

For situations where you want a public app on the public store where you don't know how many users will use it, or if your app is expected to have more than 500 users, you can buy an unlimited users license for your mobile app.

An Oracle account manager or sales rep will be able to work with you to figure out the best deal for you and the right price point.

As far as support license - this entitle you to work with the Oracle support organization like with any other Oracle product. Including opening support requests, getting patches etc.

• satshah
    satshah Member Posts: 36 Blue Ribbon
    edited Nov 28, 2017 12:12AM

HI Shay,

Do we have still same criteria for license?

If yes what would per user license cost, for custom built MAF APP

is it 61 k USD dollar per user?

• Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
    Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle Director of Product Management for Oracle's Cloud Development Tools Posts: 16,865 Employee
    edited Nov 28, 2017 11:30AM

Oracle MAF license is now available as part of subscription to Oracle Mobile Cloud Service.

With a license of MCS you get unlimited number of users/apps usage of MAF.

You can contact Oracle Sales for more information.

• satshah
    satshah Member Posts: 36 Blue Ribbon
    edited Nov 29, 2017 6:19AM

Hi Shay,

Thank you for information, but we are not planning to use MCS.

However we raised SR in which we got information there is not license cost involved, only license cost would be for support which we need at mobile application framework level.

I doubt this, so wanted to check here. Can you please confirm?

We will check with sales as well.

Regards

Satya

• Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
    edited Nov 29, 2017 9:04PM

MAF is not free for use.

Currently the only way to get a MAF license is by subscribing to the Mobile Cloud Service.

As long as you are subscribed to the mobile cloud you can build unlimited number of MAF apps.