• 3,827,877 Users
  • 2,260,836 Discussions
  • 7,897,402 Comments

Discussions

APEX PLSQL import breaks mutated vowels

Nik-ffm
Nik-ffm Member Posts: 7
edited Mar 31, 2015 8:37AM in APEX Discussions

I try to import an APEX Application by running its source code on the scheme using plsql. (Actually I follow this guide: Automatisierter Export und Import von APEX-Anwendungen per Kommandozeile)

Sadly the import breaks all mutated vowels (Umlaute). I allready use set

NLS_LANG=GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8PC850

to define my language and tested that

SELECT 'Hällo' from dual;

does not break the mutated vowel.

Please note: The Import of the Application using the APEX Importer works, but is not an option for my use case.

Tagged:

Answers

• Kiran Pawar
    Kiran Pawar Member Posts: 2,951 Bronze Crown
    edited Mar 31, 2015 4:24AM

Hi Nik-ffm,

Nik-ffm wrote:

I try to import an APEX Application by running its source code on the scheme using plsql. (Actually I follow this guide: Automatisierter Export und Import von APEX-Anwendungen per Kommandozeile)
    Sadly the import breaks all mutated vowels (Umlaute). I allready use set
         NLS_LANG=GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8PC850
    to define my language and tested that
         SELECT 'Hällo' from dual;
    does not break the mutated vowel.

Please note: The Import of the Application using the APEX Importer works, but is not an option for my use case.

Please explain your use-case then.

Are you trying to import in runtime APEX environment, hence the command line import?

There is already an API for the same : APEX_APPLICATION_INSTALL

Have you tried using SQL Developer for export/import of APEX applications? Refer : Advanced Oracle SQL Developer Features

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kiran

• Nik-ffm
    Nik-ffm Member Posts: 7
    edited Mar 31, 2015 8:12AM

Hello Kiran,

actually I use the APEX_APPLICATION_INSTALL in the same way as it is used in tutorial i linked above: First I run the instructions to set attributes like schema, application_id... and then I run the import script fXXX.sql.

I want to use this to make my application managemable for version control systems such as GIT. Therefore I use the APEXExportSplitter which divides the whole application into small SQL files for each component and creates one file, that includes all the single parts.

This is also the reason why I can not import this splitted file over the Web GUI or the SQLDeveloper since both accept only a single SQL-File and can not handle links to other SQL files within that one.

I think my problem is something related to encoding, since it works fine via the WebGUI or the SQLDeveloper which both give me a select prompt to select my encoding.

Hope that made my problem a bit more clear.

• Kiran Pawar
    Kiran Pawar Member Posts: 2,951 Bronze Crown
    edited Mar 31, 2015 8:37AM

Hi Nik-ffm,

Nik-ffm wrote:

Hello Kiran,
    actually I use the APEX_APPLICATION_INSTALL in the same way as it is used in tutorial i linked above: First I run the instructions to set attributes like schema, application_id... and then I run the import script fXXX.sql.

I want to use this to make my application managemable for version control systems such as GIT. Therefore I use the APEXExportSplitter which divides the whole application into small SQL files for each component and creates one file, that includes all the single parts.
    This is also the reason why I can not import this splitted file over the Web GUI or the SQLDeveloper since both accept only a single SQL-File and can not handle links to other SQL files within that one. 

I think my problem is something related to encoding, since it works fine via the WebGUI or the SQLDeveloper which both give me a select prompt to select my encoding.
    Hope that made my problem a bit more clear.

May be the APEXExportSplitter java utility exports the APEX applications using the Unicode UTF-8 character set as APEX Builder GUI export utility also uses the same.

Try setting the charset to:

NLS_LANG=GERMAN_GERMANY.UTF8

and then try the import PLSQL scripts.

It all depends upon your database charset, charset used by APEXExportSplitter java utility and charset you are setting while importing it.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kiran

This discussion has been closed.