Forum Stats

• 3,733,011 Users
  • 2,246,674 Discussions
  • 7,856,467 Comments

Discussions

Setting up DM repository fails in custom tablespace using SQL Developer Data Miner 4.1 EA2

jmarton
jmarton Member Posts: 92
edited April 2015 in Machine Learning

When setting up the DM repository in 12cR1 PDB database (the whole CDB didn't contain any succesfully installed DM repositories previously), and I select a tablespace other than USERS as the default tablespace for the ODMRSYS user, install fails. I didn't select to install sample data.

The tablespace I was using was created using the code:

create smallfile tablespace data_mining_repository
  datafile '/opt/oracle/oradata/cdbname/pdbname/data_mining_repository01.dbf' size 2G autoextend off
  extent management local uniform size 64k
;

Install log for the failing scenario is attached as dm_repo_install_fails_custom_tablespace.txt

When I selected to use USERS as the default tablespace, install was successfull, though in the log there appears LINE_COMMAND_ERR twice which I don't kon if is a real error or just some debug message. Log for this scenario is also attached as dm_repo_install_successfull_in_users_tablespace.txt

Database version (as show in select * from v$version ):

Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
"CORE    12.1.0.2.0    Production"
TNS for Linux: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production

Answers

• Denny Wong-Oracle
    Denny Wong-Oracle Member Posts: 183
    edited April 2015

Hi

To install Data Miner in database 11.2.0.4 and above, it requires a ASSM tablespace.

Here is an example of how to create a ASSM tablespace:

CREATE TABLESPACE data_mining_repository

DATAFILE '/opt/oracle/oradata/cdbname/pdbname/data_mining_repository01.dbf'

SIZE 100M

AUTOEXTEND on

NEXT 100M MAXSIZE UNLIMITED

EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL AUTOALLOCATE

SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO;

Thanks,

Denny

jmarton
  • jmarton
    jmarton Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2015

Thank you, Denny. My original tablespace was already an ASSM tablespace, but with extent management (local) allocation type uniform, whereas your tablespace created one with extent management (local) allocation type: system (autoallocate).

Recreating the old tablespace with the autoallocate option, the DM repository installed successfully. This might also worth mentioning in the install guide as well as checking in the environment check script.

BTW, sqldeveloper/dataminer/scripts/checkEnviroment.sql  line 204 to 230 checks for the ASSM setting, but reports ASM in the error message which is misleading, Could you please correct it to warn for ASSM instead?

• Denny Wong-Oracle
    Denny Wong-Oracle Member Posts: 183
    edited April 2015

Thanks for the comment.  We will update the script and doc to reflect that.

For your info, ODMr does has a OTN doc for installation and admin that replaces the readme located in the scripts directory.

jmarton
This discussion has been closed.