Forum Stats

• 3,826,744 Users
  • 2,260,702 Discussions
  • 7,897,071 Comments

Discussions

Installing OHJ

Cannot install OHJ4112; installer insists I have no "suitable Java Virtual Machine" on my system. What is it looking for?

Nothing in J2SDK or J2RE pleases it; every executable I offer yields the response, "Cannot run specified executable. This file does not appear
to be a Java virtual machine."

Comments

3004 Member Posts: 204,171 Green Ribbon
    This problem will be resolved in the next release. Your workaround is to:
    o Download ohj4112.zip from OTN (http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/java/help/content.html).
    o Extract the files.
    o Run the installer (java ohj4112_inst).

Thanks,
    Ken
    312292 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Ken

I had the same problem with installing OHJ and tried your workaround and still no success after following the instructions in the notes with the release. One thing that concerns me is that you stated extract the files, was this a typo as I only had one file to extract, or am I mising something.

Thanks
    3004 Member Posts: 204,171 Green Ribbon
    David,

You're right. The zip file only includes a single file (ohj4112_inst.class). Question: Can you reproduce this behavior on a second/clean machine? While you're doing that, I'll investigate further on this end.

Ken
    312292 Member Posts: 3
    Attempted to install on a Windows XP machine and it went smoothly. Still unable to do an install on a machine with Windows 2000 sp2. I will get someone to look at the machine now I know that the file works and it is not finger trouble on my side.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.