• 2,266,452 Discussions
  • 7,911,278 Comments

Discussions

Implementing SSO between APEX and non-APEX application

mak1
mak1 Member Posts: 21 Blue Ribbon
edited Apr 24, 2015 1:52AM in APEX Discussions

Hi,

In most forums I have found information on how to implement SSO between 2 APEX applications. Does anyone know if it is possible to implement SSO between an APEX application and a non-APEX application?

If it is possible, any useful links?

I understand APEX handles session management and also creates the session in a DB table. Can this session be created from another application?

I'm primarily looking into implementing SSO between an application built on AngularJS/NodeJS with APEX.

thank you

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kiran Pawar
    Kiran Pawar Member Posts: 2,951 Bronze Crown
    edited Apr 24, 2015 1:34AM Answer ✓

Hi 1467086,

1467086 wrote:

Please change your user handle from "1467086" to something meaningful. Refer : Video tutorial how to change nickname available

In most forums I have found information on how to implement SSO between 2 APEX applications. Does anyone know if it is possible to implement SSO between an APEX application and a non-APEX application?

Without you providing the details, forum members can't tell. Refer : how to get answers from forum

Please include the information about non-APEX application as well.

I understand APEX handles session management and also creates the session in a DB table. Can this session be created from another application?

Can you "another application" execute PL/SQL.

If yes then refer : Martin Giffy D'Souza on Oracle APEX: How to Create an APEX Session in PL/SQL

I'm primarily looking into implementing SSO between an application built on AngularJS/NodeJS with APEX.

AngularJS is meant for rich client side(browser) interactions with user. But, NodeJS can provide you the functionality you want.

As @danmcghan-Oracle has earlier worked with AngularJS and has now delved into NodeJS with his excellent blog posts on https://jsao.io/, he can guide you regarding how to go about it using NodeJS.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kiran

Answers

• Kiran Pawar
    Kiran Pawar Member Posts: 2,951 Bronze Crown
    edited Apr 24, 2015 1:34AM Answer ✓

Hi 1467086,

1467086 wrote:

Please change your user handle from "1467086" to something meaningful. Refer : Video tutorial how to change nickname available

Without you providing the details, forum members can't tell. Refer : how to get answers from forum

Please include the information about non-APEX application as well.

Can you "another application" execute PL/SQL.

If yes then refer : Martin Giffy D'Souza on Oracle APEX: How to Create an APEX Session in PL/SQL

AngularJS is meant for rich client side(browser) interactions with user. But, NodeJS can provide you the functionality you want.

As @danmcghan-Oracle has earlier worked with AngularJS and has now delved into NodeJS with his excellent blog posts on https://jsao.io/, he can guide you regarding how to go about it using NodeJS.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kiran

• mak1
    mak1 Member Posts: 21 Blue Ribbon
    edited Apr 24, 2015 1:52AM

Thanks Kiran. I will reach out to Dan.

This discussion has been closed.