• 7,896,309 Comments

Discussions

Strange Problem with Universal Theme, jQuery and APEX 5 on Windows 8.1

Answers

• Denes Kubicek
    Denes Kubicek Member Posts: 6,163 Bronze Crown
    edited May 5, 2015 3:25PM

Anthony,

I have the same issue with the IR Action Button. When I press "Go" and the report refreshes, the Action Button will work properly. If I reload the page it will again cause troubles.

Denes Kubicek

• Anthony Rayner-Oracle
    Anthony Rayner-Oracle Member Posts: 732 Employee
    edited May 6, 2015 4:40AM

Morning all,

A brief update on this. I was able to download and install a Windows 8.1 Enterprise VM overnight, running on OS X 10.10.3. However, much to my disappointment, I'm still unable to reproduce any issues as reported. I tested Denes' example with latest FF and Chrome in 8.1.

To try and pin this down, I'm going to first focus on the 8.1 scenario. On my setup, I have no touch display and Windows appears to know this, because if I go to Windows Start page, type 'pc info', then view the 'Pen and Touch' setting, this says 'No pen or touch input available for this display'. This feels like something that could be relevant. Denes, I assume if you check this, you see something different here? And is it possible to disable the touch screen somehow and retest your scenarios?

Regards,

Anthony.

Denes Kubicek
  • Anthony Rayner-Oracle
    edited May 6, 2015 5:28AM

All,

In addition, after some research, could you try something else as well? It appears Windows 8.1 has a setting that delays clicks in the touchpad, apparently to 'help prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type'. This by default is set to 'Medium Delay', which again sounds somewhat relevant andcould explain why things work as expected with a slow click (although doesn't really explain the fast click duplicate events granted). This Microsoft support article talks about this, along with the steps to disable this by setting it to 'No delay (always on)'. Perhaps you could try setting this and see if that makes any different for you?

Regards,

Anthony

Denes Kubicek
  • Denes Kubicek
    edited May 6, 2015 5:50AM

Anthony,

Thanks for looking into the issue.

1. I did disable the touch screen and no changes.

2. I did change the delay to no delay for the touchpad and no changes.

Please note:

1. This happens only with the Universal Theme - not with other themes.

2. I have the same issue with the IR Action Button. But, when I first press "Go" Button and the report refreshes, the Action Button will work properly. If I reload the page it will again cause troubles.

Denes Kubicek

• Denes Kubicek
    edited May 6, 2015 5:58AM

Anthony,

Just tested the same thing with the Theme 26 at apex.oracle.com and there are no issues at all.

Denes Kubicek

• Anthony Rayner-Oracle
    edited May 6, 2015 6:28AM

Hi Denes,

Ok, thanks for trying that there. Will keep looking into it. By the way, with the IR actions button, what exactly do you see happen, nothing when you click it until you have hit 'go', or some kind of duplicate behaviour until you hit 'go'?

Regards,

Anthony.    

Denes Kubicek
  • jstephenson
    jstephenson Member Posts: 15 Blue Ribbon
    edited May 6, 2015 10:18AM

Hello Denes,

I am glad that you brought this up.  I saw this in the EA, but I thought it had something to do with the fact that I was using my Microsoft Surface(Windows 8.1).  I see the same problems you mentioned including the button in the upper left of the screen that allows you to shrink the left navigation bar.  I then decided to check my work laptop which is running windows 7, but has a touch screen.  This shows the same behavior.  So based on that I looked at my son's computer running Windows 8.1 but does not have a touch screen and it worked without any issues on all 3 browsers.  Seems to be touch screen related?

I don't want to get on a tangent, but I see similar behavior with the slide tooltip plugin.  If I set it to tooltip using one of my touch screen computers it works fine on IE, but in FF and Chrome it shows the drop down button. If I use a non touch screen computer it works fine on any browser.  Just thought I would mention it in case it helps troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Denes Kubicek
  • Roadling
    Roadling Member Posts: 295 Bronze Badge
    edited May 6, 2015 10:26AM

I dont have a proper environment to test  this today but I was struck by how familiar to what Denes reported when I was searching around known issues with bootstrap.

Use case 2: Twitter Bootstrap 2.2.2 dropdowns

Another example of when to use the needsclick class is with dropdowns in Twitter Bootstrap 2.2.2. Bootstrap add its own touchstart
    listener for dropdowns, so you want to tell FastClick to ignore those.
    If you don't, touch devices will automatically close the dropdown as
    soon as it is clicked, because both FastClick and Bootstrap execute the
    synthetic click, one opens the dropdown, the second closes it
    immediately after.

<a class="dropdown-toggle needsclick" data-toggle="dropdown">Dropdown</a>

https://github.com/ftlabs/fastclick#when-it-isnt-needed

and I got to fastclick looking at

https://github.com/CWSpear/bootstrap-hover-dropdown/issues/28

Regards,

Brad

Denes Kubicek
  • Denes Kubicek
    edited May 6, 2015 12:44PM

Anthony,

the Action Menu doesn't open.

I think that Roadling's answer is on the right track.

Denes Kubicek

• Anthony Rayner-Oracle
    edited May 8, 2015 9:57AM

All,

Sorry for the delay in following up. This does indeed seem to be related to Roadling’s response, and the cited Google article from the fastClick library about Fast Buttons. That article talks about the much discussed 300ms delay mobile browsers employ after a tap, to fire the corresponding click event. This definitely seems related. I've still not been able to reproduce any issues, either on my Windows 8.1 VM (with no touch), or on any other mobile browser, tried both iOS Safari and Chrome on Android.

I have written a test app to try and exercise the various reported issues, and hopefully isolate this further. The first app 77638 uses Universal Theme without jQuery Migrate included (which is the default for new apps), then there is another app (97763), which is a copy of the first but does include jQuery Migrate in the User Interface settings.

Test app without jQuery Migrate

Test app with jQuery Migrate

(Both login as guest/orclapex)

If at all possible, could anyone on this thread who has been able to reproduce any of these issues, run through the tests in these apps and report their results back here. There are 6 test pages in each app, each test should be exercised with a ‘fast click’ as Denes describes (so just a normal, swift click and release of the mouse), just follow the menubar items along from left to right, and answer the questions posed on each page:

Touch Device: Yes / No

Browser:

For application 77638 without jQuery Migrate:

Interactive Report Test - Yes / No

Datepicker Test - Yes / No

Tabular Form Datepicker Test - Yes / No

Dynamic Action Test - Yes / No

JavaScript Click Test - Yes / No

JavaScript fastClick Test (Using the fastClick library) - Yes / No

For application 97763 with jQuery Migrate:

Interactive Report Test - Yes / No

Datepicker Test - Yes / No

Tabular Form Datepicker Test - Yes / No

Dynamic Action Test - Yes / No

JavaScript Click Test - Yes / No

JavaScript fastClick Test (Using the fastClick library) - Yes / No

Greatly appreciate anyone’s further input in helping to pin this down.

Regards,

Anthony.

Denes Kubicek
This discussion has been closed.