• 2,264,053 Discussions
  • 7,904,897 Comments

Discussions

APEX 5 - controlling the font size

Dietmar Aust
Dietmar Aust Member Posts: 1,939 Bronze Badge
edited May 21, 2015 10:21AM in APEX Discussions

Hi guys,

I am using APEX 5, the universal theme and an interactive reports region.

When I use the defaults, the region will use the region template "interactive report" and it will look like this (see first attachment).

But now I want to display the region title. I cannot do this using the interactive report region template.

When I switch the template to "Standard", now everything is a bit too large (see second attachment) ... and I would want to change the font size to make it smaller, but how?

I could possibly mess with the css or even use an empty region to display the title and then include a subregion for the interactive report, but that seems like a lot of overhead to me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

~Dietmar.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ShakeebRahman-Oracle
    ShakeebRahman-Oracle Member Posts: 66 Employee
    edited May 18, 2015 11:55AM Answer ✓

Hi Dietmar,

You have correctly identified a bug in Universal Theme where the font size for Interactive Reports within a Standard region template is larger than when using the Interactive Report region template.  I have filed a bug to track this issue and hope to resolve it in an upcoming patch set.

For now, in order to add a heading for your Interactive Report, I would recommend doing the following:

1. Use the Standard region remplate

2. In Template Options, check the Remove Body Padding template option.

3. In your page inline CSS, add the following styles:

/* Set font size for IRR to be smaller */

.a-IRR {font-size: 1.2rem;line-height: 1.6rem; }

/* Fix double border issue when No Padding is set on Standard region */

.t-Region--noPadding > .t-Region-bodyWrap > .t-Region-body > .a-IRR-container .a-IRR {border-width: 0;}

Let me know how this works!

Best,

Shakeeb

Answers

• ShakeebRahman-Oracle
    ShakeebRahman-Oracle Member Posts: 66 Employee
    edited May 18, 2015 11:55AM Answer ✓

Hi Dietmar,

You have correctly identified a bug in Universal Theme where the font size for Interactive Reports within a Standard region template is larger than when using the Interactive Report region template.  I have filed a bug to track this issue and hope to resolve it in an upcoming patch set.

For now, in order to add a heading for your Interactive Report, I would recommend doing the following:

1. Use the Standard region remplate

2. In Template Options, check the Remove Body Padding template option.

3. In your page inline CSS, add the following styles:

/* Set font size for IRR to be smaller */

.a-IRR {font-size: 1.2rem;line-height: 1.6rem; }

/* Fix double border issue when No Padding is set on Standard region */

.t-Region--noPadding > .t-Region-bodyWrap > .t-Region-body > .a-IRR-container .a-IRR {border-width: 0;}

Let me know how this works!

Best,

Shakeeb

• Dietmar Aust
    edited May 20, 2015 1:46AM

Thanks Shakeeb,

works great. I have even added it to the custom CSS section of the style in the theme roller. It is a temporary patch of the theme and not really application specific.

All application specific markup I will attach to the application level css.

Thanks,

~Dietmar.

• Dietmar Aust
    edited May 20, 2015 1:53AM

Hi Shakeeb,

one more thing.

It already looks decent when I only use the css without the "remove padding" template option.

But when I do (on both the interactive als well as the classic report), the classic report doesn't look perfect, I have now a height of 2px on the header: 1px line at the bottom of the region header and 1px line from the top of the report header:

Home.png

Cheers,

~Dietmar.

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 10,060 Gold Crown
    edited May 20, 2015 5:31PM

Hi Dietmar & Shakeeb

If I may break in on Dietmar's discussion: I had a similar thread yesterday about the IR Region. May I suggest an extra option to show/hide the header by default? Especially now that you can have multiple IR regions on one page it's nice to give the region a header. It's a bit strange you to have to change IR Region to Standard every time a IR is generated with the wizard.

Ino

• Patrick Wolf-Oracle
    Patrick Wolf-Oracle Consulting Member of Technical Staff Posts: 2,458 Employee
    edited May 21, 2015 3:53AM

Hi Ino,

I have already discussed adding a "Show Title" template option to the "Interactive Report" region template but he wasn't really in favor of this because it's not just the title which would have to be changed, the header, border, ... would also have to look similar like the standard region template so that they work well next to each other. I'm pretty sure @ShakeebRahman-Oracle will be able to elaborate more about this.

If you always want to show a region title for your Interactive Report regions, just go to Shared Components -> Themes -> Edit Theme -> Region Defaults and change the Interactive Reports attribute to a different region template (for example Standard). This is the default template for IR which is automatically picked up by our create wizards.

Regards

Patrick

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 10,060 Gold Crown
    edited May 21, 2015 10:21AM

Thanks for the reply Patrick. I will use Standard template from now on. The pity is that I already converted my Apex 4 application to Apex 5 and changed the theme to Universal. I only noticed it after I already made some other modifications. So doing the conversion again and selecting Standard for the IR Region during the migration was not really an option. I was going to wait for Shakeeb's whitepaper on the Universal Theme conversion, but was too eager to go ahead anyway

Ino

This discussion has been closed.