• 2,264,100 Discussions
  • 7,905,056 Comments

Discussions

Page template region positions

Julijan
Julijan Member Posts: 55
edited May 20, 2015 3:08AM in APEX Discussions

Hey,

I'm wondering if it's possible to add region positions when editing a page template? The theme I have has only 8 region positions, and I would like to have more.

I have no idea where I must create the substitution string for this region position. I've tried to add a simple substitution string for i.e. #REGION_POSITION_XX# then tried to add it to the page template but that didn't work and it should up as text.

Do I have to create a new template? Or can I just add a new region position to an existing template?

Thanks,

J

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kiran Pawar
    Kiran Pawar Member Posts: 2,951 Bronze Crown
    edited May 20, 2015 2:49AM Answer ✓

Hi Julijan,

Julijan wrote:

I'm wondering if it's possible to add region positions when editing a page template? The theme I have has only 8 region positions, and I would like to have more. I have no idea where I must create the substitution string for this region position. I've tried to add a simple substitution string for i.e. #REGION_POSITION_XX# then tried to add it to the page template but that didn't work and it should up as text. Do I have to create a new template? Or can I just add a new region position to an existing template?

You cannot add extra region positions to the page template. They are APEX built-in substitution strings and limited to 8 only.

Refer :

But, yes you can copy/create a new page template and arrange them the way you want in the HTML markup.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kiran

Answers

• Kiran Pawar
    Kiran Pawar Member Posts: 2,951 Bronze Crown
    edited May 20, 2015 2:49AM Answer ✓

Hi Julijan,

Julijan wrote:

I'm wondering if it's possible to add region positions when editing a page template? The theme I have has only 8 region positions, and I would like to have more. I have no idea where I must create the substitution string for this region position. I've tried to add a simple substitution string for i.e. #REGION_POSITION_XX# then tried to add it to the page template but that didn't work and it should up as text. Do I have to create a new template? Or can I just add a new region position to an existing template?

You cannot add extra region positions to the page template. They are APEX built-in substitution strings and limited to 8 only.

Refer :

But, yes you can copy/create a new page template and arrange them the way you want in the HTML markup.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kiran

• Sunil Bhatia
    Sunil Bhatia Member Posts: 1,280 Bronze Trophy
    edited May 20, 2015 2:48AM

No,

You cant. APEX doesn't let you override maximum of 8 substitution strings for region position.

But, you can give 2 regions on your page who share same region positions. All existing apex applications use these 8 positions only, i am not sure why you need more?

-- Sunil Bhatia

Julijan
  • fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,204 Red Diamond
    edited May 20, 2015 2:50AM
    Julijan wrote:

I'm wondering if it's possible to add region positions when editing a page template? The theme I have has only 8 region positions, and I would like to have more.

No, it is not possible to create additional region positions.

Why do you think this is necessary?

• Julijan
    edited May 20, 2015 3:07AM
     Why do you think this is necessary?

I didn't say it's necessary, I said I would like to have more region positions (provided that it's possible). Which makes the question at this point: Why not?

• Julijan
    edited May 20, 2015 3:08AM

I don't particularly need it. Was just curious if it's possible.

This discussion has been closed.