• 3,727,536 Users
  • 2,245,407 Discussions
  • 7,852,848 Comments

Discussions

java licenses

user12267715
user12267715 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in Java 8 Questions

Hello , it is the first time i use this communication channel and i don´t know if it is the most appropiate to use. There is an information in my company, INDRA, which says that we have to pay licenses if we use java in the products / services we develop.

I am really concerned and surprised about this information.

Communications between humans must be clear because if not there is a lot of noise and bad interpretations  and a lot of people  discussing about nothing.

So, my question is: there is a clear statement from oracle about java licenses fees, so that developers and project teams in general can know in advance under what circunstances their projects have to pay licenses if they are developed using java (that is, the service deployed needs the java run time in order to execute)?

Thanks a lot if someone with oracle authority can clarify this iisue. At least for me, developing in java since it exists, is a great issue

Answers

• Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Hello , it is the first time i use this communication channel and i don´t know if it is the most appropiate to use. There is an information in my company, INDRA, which says that we have to pay licenses if we use java in the products / services we develop.
    I am really concerned and surprised about this information.

Communications between humans must be clear because if not there is a lot of noise and bad interpretations  and a lot of people  discussing about nothing.

So, my question is: there is a clear statement from oracle about java licenses fees, so that developers and project teams in general can know in advance under what circunstances their projects have to pay licenses if they are developed using java (that is, the service deployed needs the java run time in order to execute)?
    Thanks a lot if someone with oracle authority can clarify this iisue. At least for me, developing in java since it exists, is a great issue

Only Oracle can give you an 'official' answer about licensing questions.

But ALL Oracle products include a license agreement for that product. Those agreements are available on Oracle's web sites.

Here is the Oracle Java FAQ for the commonly asked questions about Java

http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/java/java-licensing-faqs-365297.pdf

Can I distribute Java with my software?

Yes, you can provide Java with your software provided you abide by the terms and conditions

of Java binary code license.

Can I distribute Java Development Kit (JDK) along with Java Runtime Environment

(JRE) on the same CD-Rom?

Yes, provided that you abide by the terms and conditions of the JDK's binary code license.

Can we provide Java on a CD to ensure that people who do not have internet can install

it directly from the CD?

You may make Java available to users within your organization on a CD. And you may

distribute Java bundled with your application to users outside of your organization. You may

not distribute Java alone on a CD.

Just search the net for 'oracle java distribution license' and similar terms.

But, again, only Oracle can answer any specific question for you. Contact Oracle directly or via your MOS account.,