• 2,253,127 Discussions
  • 7,875,489 Comments

Discussions

Oracle 9i = Same Oracle Product Needed

user3529443
user3529443 Member Posts: 5
edited Jul 17, 2015 4:06AM in Database Installation

Hi,

I was working on Oracle 9i. As you know it has a default database so that queries etc can be practiced on it using the default database.

Now I have installed Win7 /Win 8.1.. so I need to know is there any similiar product which can be installed on Win 7 and with the same DB as in 9i.

The main target is to get the same DB as in 9i that works on Win 7 so that queries can be practiced.

Thanx

Regards

a2usmani

Tagged:

Answers

• Dude!
    Dude! Member Posts: 22,826 Black Diamond
    edited Jul 6, 2015 2:23PM

A sample database with sample schemas exists for all database versions as far as I'm aware of. Have you seen the following:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e24501/toc.htm#CEGDAIDC

You will have to check which databases version run under what versions of Windows. If you have only access to database releases available on OTN, your options are limited. Beware that there are differences between Win 7 Pro, home, etc. and x86 and x64 editions.

• Bren_P
    Bren_P Member Posts: 3 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 17, 2015 4:06AM

Hi,

I totally agree with Catch-22 but if you need to install 9i on Win7 /Win 8 though it is NOT supported or recommended but if you need to this is a way to install it.

Copy the install Disk1 to your hard disk navigate to the autorun folder and right click autorun.exe go  properties and select the Compatibility tab and tick the Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) hit apply and then run the autorun.exe. Follow the normal install procedure you will get warnings but these can be ignored. You also need to install the patch 9.2.0.8 in the same way by running setup.exe in compatibility mode.

But I must stress it better to upgrade to 11g or 12c... as you have more features for both DB and SQL..

9i Install.png

This discussion has been closed.