Forum Stats

• 3,733,007 Users
  • 2,246,671 Discussions
  • 7,856,463 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Introduce yourself!

Comments

• Aman....
    Aman.... Member Posts: 22,913 Gold Crown
    edited November 2015

@moniquevdb-Oracle @Cassandraclark-Oracle @Bob Rhubart-Oracle  @snaugle-Oracle Received my Guru status letter with the awesome gift  . Thank you so very much . 

Aman....

• RakeshChowdary Paleti
    RakeshChowdary Paleti Member Posts: 92
    edited November 2015

Hello everyone!!!

I am Rakesh, working as senior database programmer in india. I have worked on Oracle, Sql Server databases.

One day when i was going through oracle site, I have found pl/sql group as related group in this forum to me.

When i saw the posts, i found it is very intresting. this made me to join in this community.

This community has very experienced people sharing their knowledge.

Infact i am addicted to this forum

• snaugle-Oracle
    snaugle-Oracle Member Posts: 98
    edited November 2015

Hello @RakeshChowdary Paleti!

So glad to hear your enthusiasm! Welcome to the community!

• Jagadekara
    Jagadekara Member Posts: 1,859
    edited November 2015
    Infact i am addicted to this forum

I too addicted to it. Almost  I never miss updates

• Asdrubal Rodriguez
    Asdrubal Rodriguez Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2015

Hello everyone,  my name is Asdrubal Rodriguez, I am a Solution Architect, I have be working with Oracle tecnologies for long time, since the days of Oracle 7.3.4. I bring my experiences and knoledge, to collaborate with Oracle community members and overcome technical challenges in order to solve business problems using Oracle Technologies.

• moniquevdb-Oracle
    moniquevdb-Oracle Member Posts: 2,126
    edited November 2015

Welcome Asdrubal, so happy to have you

• Gaurav Gharat-Oracle
    Gaurav Gharat-Oracle Member Posts: 6 Employee
    edited November 2015

Hi All,

I am Gaurav Gharat, Senior software engineer at Oracle Financial Services Software, India.

As of now, I have 8+ Years Of Experience in Java, J2EE Technologies and JPA Specification.

My key interests are mainly Java, JPA and Eclipselink (Toplink)

I have done several bug fixes and source code contribution for JSR 317/338 (JPA)

Looking forward to gain and share knowledge in various Oracle domain and technologies.

• moniquevdb-Oracle
    edited November 2015

It's always great to see Oracle employees in the mix. Welcome! 

• SandyMx
    SandyMx Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2015

Hi

I'm Sandy from Mexico City. I enjoy programming with Java, but I'm evolved with SOA right now, which I love too. 

I'm here to gain knowledge and share what I know about SOA and Middleware, and of course to stay in touch with the Oracle Community. I have had the pleasure to meet many good friends thru this kind of network, this is a great place for learning and help others.

Cheers.

• moniquevdb-Oracle
    edited November 2015

Hola, Sandy! Happy to have you!

• khadeer shaik
    khadeer shaik Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2015

Hi All,

I am trying to implement a code to generate a simple Payslip Form? Can any one help me.

Form as follows, it is possible to create then please help me.

<Company name>

Pay slip for <Current Month>

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Emp ID: <xxxxxxx>                                           Emp Pan:<xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Emp Joining Date:<xxxxxxxxx>                          Emp Desgnation:<xxxxxxxxx>

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Basic Salary: <XXXXX>

Hra:<xxxx>                                          

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Gross Salary:<xxxx>                                          Deductions:<xxx>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Net Pay:<xxxx>

Thanks & Regards

Khadeer Shaik.

• khadeer shaik
    khadeer shaik Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2015

Hi All,

I am trying to implement a code(In SQL) to generate a simple Payslip Form? Can any one help me.

Form as follows, it is possible to create in SQL then please help me.

<Company name>

Pay slip for <Current Month>

Emp ID: <xxxxxxx>                                           Emp Pan:<xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Emp Joining Date:<xxxxxxxxx>                          Emp Desgnation:<xxxxxxxxx>

Basic Salary: <XXXXX>

Hra:<xxxx>                                          

Gross Salary:<xxxx>                                          Deductions:<xxx>

Net Pay:<xxxx>

Thanks & Regards

Khadeer Shaik.

• John Stegeman
    John Stegeman Member Posts: 24,269 Blue Diamond
    edited November 2015

You are in the wrong place for this question.. this is a thread to, well according to the title, introduce yourself.

When you go to the correct thread to ask your question probably SQL, you'll want to do a better job asking your question, such as providing table definitions/etc.

And to give you a hint - normally, you would write some SQL that returned the data you need and use a reporting tool (Oracle Reports, etc) for formatting it into a nice output.

• Karthick2003
    Karthick2003 Member Posts: 13,711 Bronze Badge
    edited November 2015

@khadeer shaik Welcome to the forum!!

To add to what @John Stegeman has already said, if you have a question you need to create a new thread rather than hijacking others.

• Tahseen Al-Bayati - Oracle-Oracle
    edited November 2015
  • BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 40,979 Red Diamond
    edited November 2015

Hi User596381-Oracle,

Perhaps you'd like to change your handle to something recognisable rather than "User596381" (though leave the "-Oracle" as that indicates you're an Oracle employee), and tell us a bit about yourself.

• Ashley Finney
    Ashley Finney Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015

Hey everybody.

My name is Ashley and I'm an IT Analyst for a UK shoe retailer.

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 40,979 Red Diamond
    edited November 2015

Hi Ashley and welcome to the Oracle community.

I'm in the UK myself, though not into shoes.

• BUSRA_A
    BUSRA_A Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015

Hi,

I am Busra from Turkey. I've been working as a JD Edwards Financial consultant since 2013 Sept. Thanks for this good forum to communicate with each other!

• moniquevdb-Oracle
    edited November 2015
  • KayK
    KayK Member Posts: 1,637 Bronze Crown
    edited December 2015
    though not into shoes.

barefooted in these rainy days ?

• FlyingDutchman
    FlyingDutchman Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2015

Hi everyone. I'm just starting to try and upgrade my skillset from some pre millennium technologies and decided to give Oracle a go.

I have come across an "Question/Issue/Bug/Plea for help" concerning the ProC/C++ precompiler supplied as part of the Instance Client downloads, but I am not sure which forum would be most appropriate to start a discussion in. The Instant Client forum appears to have been archived two years ago, so I am guessing one of the Application Development forums such as PL/SQL or OCI might be suited.

Please can you advise.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

John,

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,062 Red Diamond
    edited December 2015

Welcome John!

Yes, some of the spaces which are less frequented have been archived and/or merged with other spaces.

Let me start by telling you that this isn't my area of expertise, so I might be wrong

What you can do, that is what I did to get you the answer for your question, is to use the search box in the right upper corner on this page.

Here I have used 'ProC/C++ precompiler' as search term and select 'Show all results' in the popup.

Bild 060.png

Then you have to wait a couple of seconds until the search results show up.

you only get 5 results in the popup, so select to show more

Bild 062.png

to now get some more results. Not finished jet you select 'show all results' which redirects you to the big search page.

Bild 064.png

scroll down to the buttom of the page and select to sort 'newest first'

Bild 065.png

Long way, but now we see the results for the search and can analyze them. As you searched for a place where you can start a discussion about 'ProC/C++ preprocessor' check some of the posts and note the forum or place they are posted in

Bild 066.png

Most of the posts are posted in the 'Database Installation' forum, but the OCI forum is used too. I would start by looking into the Database Installation forum and read some of the threads found by the search. You might find a thread related to your problem. Then start a new thread describing your environment and your problem there.

If you find that your problem is better posted in the OCI forum, you can start there.

Timo

• Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    Dayalan Punniyamoorthy Member Posts: 1,516 Gold Trophy
    edited December 2015

A big HI to all!!!

My name is Dayalan Punniyamoorthy and i am working with Hyperion since 2006-2007, now playing the role as EPM practice lead with Satrun Infotech. I have been associated with OTN since 2008 but was a silent spectator. Since this year started to contribute as well and earned my Expert badge a week back and i am happy about that.

I login to portal every day with motto to learn and let others learn, will its working so far very well. About me i am married and we do have a year old baby boy and most of time goes in playing with him

Regards,

Dayalan P.

• cesarHernandezGT
    cesarHernandezGT Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2015

Hi, my name is Cesar Hernandez,

I've been using the OTN Community platforms and I'm glad to see that every day the platforms is growing with topnotch content !.

This discussion has been closed.