developers

Forum Stats

• 3,873,884 Users
  • 2,266,627 Discussions
  • 7,911,651 Comments

Discussions

Is graphical view with drill down of Class count references to other class instances exists in JMC

3001793 Member Posts: 2
edited Aug 3, 2015 10:04AM in Java Mission Control

Is graphical view with drill down of Class count references to other class instances  exists in JMC as it was in JRocket Mission Control?

I refer to the view of rectangular with arrows and count on them to other rectangular, each rectangular represent an instance of object and you can zoom in or scroll or click on the rectangular to expand it.

This feature is the best method to detect the cause of memory leak  - who hold your most large/increased instances.

Answers

• Hirt-Oracle
    Hirt-Oracle Member Posts: 268
    edited Jul 30, 2015 11:48AM

That wonderful tool was called Memleak. We currently do not have the features required for something similar in HotSpot, but we are looking at implementing a next generation tool for on-line heap analysis aimed at solving memory leaks in production systems. Stay tuned!

3001793 Member Posts: 2
    edited Jul 31, 2015 12:10AM

Well, This is the feature why I look at JMC again. I had success to work with Jrocket Mission control and  memleak to locate memleak in application running on TOMCAT6/JRE6.

Do you know that JRocket can raised TOMCAT7 originally run on JRE7 and how, and which libs should be added to JRocket path.

Regarding TOMCAT8 I believe it is a lost case, due to lambda expression been used and is part of new java byte code processing now. (At least Java Decompiler programs/plug-ins need to handle it specifically)

• Hirt-Oracle
    Hirt-Oracle Member Posts: 268
    edited Aug 3, 2015 10:04AM

No, there is not JDK 7 version of JRockit, and there is no plan to release such a version either.

This discussion has been closed.
developers