Forum Stats

• 3,827,840 Users
  • 2,260,828 Discussions
  • 7,897,397 Comments

Discussions

Resize database field, not recognized in form.

927466 Member Posts: 44
edited Sep 10, 2015 8:16AM in Designer

Hi all,

I modified a table attribute from 4 to 8 digits.

In a form I did the same : make the field wider and changed the field length to 8 digits.

Form compiled good, a .FMX is made. (FRMCMP 10.1)

When I try to insert a record in the database with this form, the field length of more than 4 digits is not accepted. When I only give in 4 digits it is accepted and I can go on.

All pl/sql modules are compiled, I don't know what's wrong.

It is a very old form, I think it is character based. For each field in the form there is a 'when-validate-item' trigger.

When a field is accepted I cannot change it anymore.

Hope somebody knows what's wrong, what do I do wrong ??

Regards Cees

Answers

• Samba.komma
    Samba.komma Member Posts: 11
    edited Sep 4, 2015 4:34AM

Hi ,

Did you checked whether that .fmx is properly moved to respective folder or not? Confirm once the .fmx time and date in the server.

Regards

Sambasiva Reddy.K

• Mark Striekwold
    Mark Striekwold Member Posts: 442 Bronze Badge
    edited Sep 9, 2015 5:21AM

You should be able to change field to change the field in Form (FMB) and then compile it into a FMX. Check the date of the FMX to see if it gets a new timestamp when you compile the FMB into a FMX. You could also change a prompt of a field with a additional character. i.e if you a column called Price you could change it to Prices so when you start the Form you will have to see the changed column. Then you have the changed Form and the field should also be larger. Afterwards you can change the prompt back to Price.

Regards,

Mark

927466 Member Posts: 44
    edited Sep 10, 2015 8:16AM

Thanks to you both !!

It´s working allright now.

Regards Cees

This discussion has been closed.