Forum Stats

• 3,815,604 Users
  • 2,259,059 Discussions
  • 7,893,185 Comments

Discussions

Exporting data from Autodesk - Revit 2015 (through ODBC)

MFadel
MFadel Member Posts: 181 Blue Ribbon
edited Sep 1, 2015 4:55AM in ODBC

Hello everyone,

I'm having some issues for quite some time now regarding exporting data from a Revit project to my database. The following is my environment:

Windows 7 - 64-bit

Oracle Database 11.2.0.1

Revit 2015

The first couple of times, i was able to export data from the project to a newly created schema "REVIT" (given the appropriate grants).

The first time the project was exported without any problems. The next time, i tried exporting the same project to another schema "REVIT2", i got this error from the ODBC:

[42S02] [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (942)

Ever since, i've not been able to export any project to any schema!!

I tried searching for this error but i couldn't find anything on the Autodesk forums. I was going to ask this question there when i read the ODBC documentation (C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\odbc\html\ODBCRelnotesUS.htm).

Under Software Required it said:

Microsoft Windows XP and for Unix platforms refer to release notes on Oracle ODBC Driver release for Unix platforms.
Oracle Net Client 11.2.0.1.0
Oracle Universal Installer shipping with Oracle 11.2.0.1.0

I thought, maybe the first time worked but things got messed up afterwards (since i'm using Windows 7). So i read a post for a similar case that proposed downloading a different ODBC driver as one solution. So i downloaded the instantclient-basic-windows.x64-11.2.0.4.0.zip and instantclient-odbc-windows.x64-11.2.0.4.0.zip. I deployed the Instant Client Basic and installed the ODBC successfully.

I was able to create and test the connection successfully from the ODBC Administrator Console. However, i'm still getting the same error!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

M. Fadel

Best Answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.