• 3,872,034 Users
  • 2,266,368 Discussions
  • 7,911,029 Comments

Discussions

Installed JDK 8 for Eclipse, but it stops Oracle Forms

HawkerHunter
HawkerHunter Member Posts: 498 Bronze Badge
edited Jan 2, 2016 10:48AM in Enterprise Pack for Eclipse

Hello I am new to Eclipse so with the intention of learning Eclipse IDE I had installed Eclipse - Mars in my laptop.

I also work on Oracle forms in the same laptop. I had to install JDK 8 in my laptop for Eclipse to work.

But because of JDK 8, my Oracle forms are blocked.

Can anyone please let me know how I can have Eclipse in my laptop where I can also work on Oracle Forms.

I tried to install JDK 7 after uninstalling JDK 8 but while starting Eclipse it gave the message - "Version 1.6.0_07 of the JVM is not suitable for this product. Version: 1.7 or greater is required.

Regards

Hawker

Answers

• Kosta-Oracle
    Kosta-Oracle Member Posts: 461
    edited Sep 9, 2015 10:50AM

All recent versions of OEPE require Java 8, but it does not have to be installed as the public JRE on your machine. When installing JDK, you will get asked whether to install a public JRE in addition to the one that's embedded in the JDK. Decline that option. That will leave your global environment configured to use whatever version of Java you had previously.

Then, edit eclipse.ini file at the root of your Eclipse install and add the following two lines at the beginning:

-vm

[java-home]

Note that if you use the network installer to install OEPE, it will prompt you to find the correct version of Java on your machine and modify the eclipse.ini file for you.

• HawkerHunter
    HawkerHunter Member Posts: 498 Bronze Badge
    edited Sep 10, 2015 3:50AM

Thanks Kosta for your reply,

I have just checked out Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE).

As I have installed Eclipse -Mars, I wanted to download OEPE for Eclipse - Mars for Windows 32-bit.

But it seems OEPE is available for only 64-bit Windows.

Kindly let me know how to proceed.

Regards

Hawker

• Kosta-Oracle
    Kosta-Oracle Member Posts: 461
    edited Sep 10, 2015 10:20AM

The distributions of Eclipse with OEPE that we ship are indeed not available for 32-bit Windows, but OEPE is supported on wide variety of operating systems, including 32-bit Windows. If you already have Eclipse installed, simply use Eclipse Marketplace to install the needed components. Just search for "Oracle".

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,687 Gold Crown
    edited Jan 2, 2016 10:48AM
This discussion has been closed.