• 3,840,127 Users
  • 2,262,570 Discussions
  • 7,901,154 Comments

Discussions

Spring -hibernate integration

2875841 Member Posts: 43
edited Oct 7, 2015 12:29PM in New To Java

In my project we are using Spring, hibernate and mybatis .So my doubt is

1.Why we are using hiberanate for database activity ,if spring alsoprovide the same.What is the advantage ?

2.Hibernate will do persistence and fetching.Then why we are using hibernate for persistence and mybatis for fetching.What is the advantage ?

Thanking you

Answers

• Unknown
    edited Oct 7, 2015 12:29PM
    In my project we are using Spring, hibernate and mybatis .So my doubt is
    1.Why we are using hiberanate for database activity ,if spring alsoprovide the same.What is the advantage ?
    2.Hibernate will do persistence and fetching.Then why we are using hibernate for persistence and mybatis for fetching.What is the advantage ?

Only your manager can answer WHY your org selected those tools to do whatever job they are being used for.

There are often MANY different tools that can do a job. Why use an open end wrench when a crescent wrench or a socket can do the job?

The choice of 'tool' for a new project often comes down to the skill of the people available, the availability of the tool or the fact that the tool is already being used on other, prior projects.

If your developers already know one tool why would you suddenly choose a different tool to do the same job?

This discussion has been closed.