This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 31st, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,592 Users
  • 2,269,776 Discussions
  • 7,916,825 Comments

Discussions

GPIO Sample from ME SDK 8.2 - Driver reported error

HarrySatt
HarrySatt Member Posts: 26
edited Jan 2, 2016 11:29AM in Java ME Embedded

Hi.

I set the JAD Property GPIOSample-ButtonId to 1 but receive an error running the sample on the Raspberry Pi B.1

Cannot open the GPIO pin for the button: Driver reported error

I would like to figure out what error is reported from the driver but there is no hint. Some ideas.

Some more curios messages in the RPi console for usertest.sh:

[ERROR] [DAAPI] iso=-1:Can not open /sys/class/gpio/gpio4/direction file to configure GPIO pin direction. Operation not permited.

I can not find this file on the filesystem. what does it mean?

Regards, harald.

Best Answer

• HarrySatt
    edited Jan 2, 2016 11:29AM Answer ✓

HI

I solved this issue. I forgot to uninstall Midlets opening this pins. So I had set the correct permissions but the pin I wanted to use was occupied by some other Midlet. So the driver reported an error. This is correct behavior. So remove all Midlets before running tests.

was my fault. Sorry.

Answers

• HarrySatt
    edited Jan 2, 2016 11:29AM Answer ✓

HI

I solved this issue. I forgot to uninstall Midlets opening this pins. So I had set the correct permissions but the pin I wanted to use was occupied by some other Midlet. So the driver reported an error. This is correct behavior. So remove all Midlets before running tests.

was my fault. Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.