• 2,264,416 Discussions
  • 7,905,773 Comments

Discussions

Saving a custom dashboard in MDS

DLopez
DLopez Member Posts: 278
edited Jan 14, 2016 12:53PM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi,

I have created a page where you can choose, based on default templates, a template and the tiles you want to use, by clicking a button.

So each template and tile is activated by a button in a popup. All of this in Tabs.

Some of the tiles have methods that send you to another page, like employee profile, but when I return to my main page I want to see all the tiles I have already selected. I want to save the user custom dashboard.

I want to use MDS to do it, and the example that I follow to understand was using a panelDashBoard with drag & drop and the tiles where already inserted in the dashboard.

I believe that this will difficult it a little bit.

Each template and Tile has it's own fragment and flow, and I'm adding them using a dynamicRegion in my main page controlled by that page bean.

I also defined a structure before finding out about MDS that would be like this:

Tab1

DashboardTemplate1

Tile1

Tile3

I want to save the dashboard that the user defines and when he goes to another page or establish login again load the dashboard, but I'm not sure how can I do it.

The tutorial is this: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/issue-archive/2012/12-may/o32adf-1577987.html

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

I'm using jdev 12.1.3

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,765 Red Diamond
    edited Jan 14, 2016 12:32PM

Not sure if there is anything out the box.

You can try to site custom data in mds and use this data later to restore your ui.

You can use this term 'adf store custom data in mds' and Google with it. You get some nice blog entries about this.

Timo

• DLopez
    DLopez Member Posts: 278
    edited Jan 14, 2016 12:53PM

Thanks Timo.

I will look into it, but with not much hope.

Basically I was trying to allow the user to create it's on 'landing page' without defining the components in it, but I think it won't be possible.

This discussion has been closed.