• 3,838,670 Users
  • 2,262,392 Discussions
  • 7,900,730 Comments

Discussions

Auto complete fields on Tabular Form

TexasApexDeveloper
TexasApexDeveloper Member Posts: 7,941 Gold Crown
edited Jan 20, 2016 10:45AM in APEX Discussions

Using APEX 5 and Theme 42, I have a form (Page 245) in the below application that has two columns currently as lov popup controls.  My customer has asked if they can be converted to autocomplete textboxes.  Can anyone take a look at this page and suggest how to implement an autocomplete textbox for this style tabular form?  It is built using a interactive report and a collection underneath to hold data until its ready to be saved.. Idea is from Jari Lane's fantastic blog Jari's APEX Blog : Article Yet another way to create "editable interactive report"

URL for application: https://glassfish1.revion.com/apex/f?p=4550:1:6270623494473:::::

Application: recharge (Application # 393)

workspace: homeworld

user: demo

password demo

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you,

Tony Miller
Los Alamos, NM

Mahmoud_Rabie

Answers

• TexasApexDeveloper
    edited Jan 15, 2016 12:49PM

Bump to see FAC or anyone has an idea...

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    Los Alamos, NM

• Mahmoud_Rabie
    Mahmoud_Rabie Cloud Solution Architect, Member Posts: 3,216 Bronze Crown
    edited Jan 15, 2016 2:42PM

Hi TexasApexDeveloper

Could this be another solution

Question on Autocomplete LOV in tabular form with JQuery- Apex 3.1

Regards

Mahmoud

• TexasApexDeveloper
    edited Jan 15, 2016 4:07PM

Jari is the original author of what I am using (the alternative Tabular Form with an IRR) so I had hoped he would jump in here, but he is probably VERY busy with his day job..  His solution is for APEX 3.1 and 4..  This solution also deals with a hard-coded list of values whereas I need it to work with values from a table, also would require updating to use APEX 5 based jquery libraries..

If you have a second, login to t he workspace and look at the application in question..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    Los Alamos, NM

• TexasApexDeveloper
    edited Jan 18, 2016 12:39AM

Another bump to see if anyone has a solution.  I am going to modify the page to make the two controls textboxes and then start trying to add the jquery + needed javascript to have autocomplete fields..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    LuvMuffin Software
    Los Alamos, NM

• Jorge Rimblas
    Jorge Rimblas Member Posts: 710 Bronze Trophy
    edited Jan 19, 2016 5:14PM

Continuing the comment from my blog, the Awesomplete plugin is awesome for autocomplete textboxes.

I see that you want to display projects_all_v.segment1 but store projects_all_v.project_id, a very reasonable approach.  However, would it work if the tabular form only had the segment1 and when you save it you make the  convertion to an id?

If so, I can tweak the page a little to show you how awesomeplete would work.

Thanks

-Jorge

• TexasApexDeveloper
    edited Jan 19, 2016 5:42PM

If you want to tweak it I can make the modifications to it to save the id when I do the actual save.. If you can do this I would be VERY appreciative..  Just a heads up, the tricky issue is this:  When selecting a task, the customer is wanting to limit that list to only tasks associated with the prior column Projects... The data there supports this, but getting an autocomplete to work in this case will require a kludge sql since I am not using the table pk but a name column.  Do you get what I mean?

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    Los Alamos, NM

• Jorge Rimblas
    edited Jan 19, 2016 7:21PM

Ok, I'll spend some time on it.  Yes, I think I understand.

I'll get some of the basics done and we'll go from there.

• Jorge Rimblas
    edited Jan 19, 2016 7:26PM

Should I work on p245 or p2450 ?

I ask before p240 links to p2450, but in the beginning you mention p245

• Jorge Rimblas
    edited Jan 19, 2016 8:34PM

First part is done.

You can select projects now. There's a DA that will console.log the selected project.

The region "ALL Projects List" with the projects is used as the Awesomeplete LOV.  It can easily have a display: none attribute so it's not visible.  What's nice about it is that there is only one LOV of projects on the page.  All the rows in the tab form will reference the same list.  If you have 200 - 500 or so projects this will work just fine. Now, if the list is a lot larger then an AJAX call may be better.   Oh notice I had to create a custom template for the UL list.  If you don't like this, it can easily be switched to htp.p calls.

Now for the Tasks depending on the Project, we'll need to add an AJAX load that grabs the applicable tasks for the project. The very last example here https://leaverou.github.io/awesomplete/#ajax-example shows how that's done. It will need to be APEXfied using an APPLICATION_PROCESS.  

Give it a shot, if you get stuck I can help you out.

-Jorge

• TexasApexDeveloper
    edited Jan 19, 2016 8:43PM

Page to touch is page 245..  Thanks again!!

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    LuvMuffin Software
    Los Alamos, NM

This discussion has been closed.