Forum Stats

• 3,854,533 Users
  • 2,264,379 Discussions
  • 7,905,718 Comments

Discussions

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: internal_error when calling HttpURLConnection.getO

user940663
user940663 Member Posts: 1
edited Jan 19, 2016 4:57PM in Networking

I am trying to make a web service call using SOAPConnection.call(). The call is successful about 50% of the time. But some of the time it fails with a

com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Message send failed

exception. I am using saaj-impl-1.3.25.jar as my SAOP api. I setup source code for this library and am able to step to a call to get an output stream. The call is: OutputStream out = httpConnection.getOutputStream(); on line 252 of HttpSOAPConnection. This call results in a javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: internal_error exception about 50% of the time. I added retry feature to my code where I retry the SOAPConnection.call() and most of the time the call is successful on the second attempt. Note that I don't make any changes to my SOAPMessage that I pass in as the request when I retry the call. I'm at a loss for what could be happening...

BTW: I'm using Java 1.8.0.66 and this problem started when I migrated from 1.7.0.79.

This discussion has been closed.