• 2,252,841 Discussions
  • 7,874,701 Comments

Discussions

Maintaining session for Secure Workspace iOS

user13038156
user13038156 Member Posts: 65
edited May 31, 2016 9:40PM in Mobile Security Suite

Hi,

I have a project which currently using Secure Workspace and Oracle MAF application.

What's happening is that whenever user killed the Secure Workspace application and re-open it again, the Secure Workspace is ask for login again.

As normal behaviour, Secure Workspace should able to keep/maintain session if the session has not yet expired. It's working fine in Android Secure Workspace but not for iOS version.

I am using OMSS version. 11.1.2.3 and OAM 11gr2

Secure workspace can be killed by user or either iOS platform, we can not warranty that when user switch application, the application always running.

Since Secure Workspace asking for login again and again, it will create a lot session in Oracle Access Manager ( which setup with Oracle Mobile security suite) then easy to reaching maximum session per users.

Thus, does anyone know why Secure Workspace IOS cannot maintain session when being killed and how to make it's able to remain through app life cycle?. I am not it's because of our customization/building Secure Workspace reason or not.

I also want to know how to configure Oracle Access Manager how to change the session duration value to make it consistent with Oracle Mobile security Suite as well.

Thanks a lot.

Answers

• user13038156
    edited Mar 24, 2016 12:31AM

Is there any one can help on this?.

Thanks,

Best regards,

• handat
    handat Member Posts: 4,688 Gold Crown
    edited Mar 24, 2016 12:40AM
    Secure workspace can be killed by user or either iOS platform, we can not warranty that when user switch application, the application always running.
    Since Secure Workspace asking for login again and again, it will create a lot session in Oracle Access Manager ( which setup with Oracle Mobile security suite) then easy to reaching maximum session per users.

You can set the session number to 1 in OAM which has a special meaning. It will close the previous session and replace it with the new one.

user13038156
  • user13038156
    edited Mar 28, 2016 1:49AM

Hi Handat,

Thanks for the information.

Do you mean that whenever user try to launch the Secure Workspace, it will prompt user to login then create a new session in the OAM?.

I would refer in the Secure Workspace client will able to maintain the previous session if it's still valid.

Thanks.

• handat
    handat Member Posts: 4,688 Gold Crown
    edited Mar 28, 2016 10:02PM

This is an OAM settings that I was talking about. It basically prevents you from reaching your concurrent session limit.

• user13038156
    edited May 31, 2016 9:40PM

Hi All,

The newer version of OMSS workspace has been fixed - v. 11.1.2.3.5

Thanks,