• 3,769,484 Users
  • 2,252,969 Discussions
  • 7,875,053 Comments

Discussions

unable to read arabic data from ADF form

Kareem Wahba
Kareem Wahba Member Posts: 24
edited Mar 13, 2016 4:44AM in JDeveloper and ADF

hello i am using jdeveloper 12c and MYSQL database i have imported excel sheet to my database and it is fine the database is arabic language and i can see it in adf form ...but when i tried to insert arabic data it inserted in "???" characters and i am sure my database collation is utf-8_general_ci and columns also and in my jsf page i have that <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> ...so can anyone help me to insert data in the right arabic format

Tagged:
Kareem Wahba

Answers

• Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
    Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle Director of Product Management for Oracle's Cloud Development Tools Posts: 16,854 Employee
    edited Mar 7, 2016 2:05PM

Also check the JDev project properties for the setting in the compiler section.

Kareem Wahba
  • Kareem Wahba
    edited Mar 8, 2016 12:59AM

thanks for your reply , i do that but it's not working

• SanjeevChauhan
    SanjeevChauhan Member Posts: 1,554 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 8, 2016 1:09AM

I think at runtime also your weblogic (jvm) should support UTF-8. Can you please set utf-8 encoding for JVM by modifying setDomainEnv.sh/setDomainEnv.cmd file present in you domain/bin directory.

You may need to add JAVA_OPTIONS="$JAVA_OPTIONS -Dfile.encoding=utf8"  in that file.

Thanks

Sanjeev

• Kareem Wahba
    edited Mar 8, 2016 3:03AM

thanks for your reply ... i searched for that file but i didn't find it

C:\Oracle\keemm\Middleware\Oracle_Home\wlserver\server\bin

is this the right path ?!

• SanjeevChauhan
    SanjeevChauhan Member Posts: 1,554 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 8, 2016 3:33AM

No. You need to check your domain location. If you are using Jdev to run application then domain will be under system directory. It is generally (if not changed by environment variable) is located under C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\JDeveloper\<yoursystemdirectorybasedonjdev-version>/DefaultDomain/bin

Thanks

Sanjeev

• Kareem Wahba
    edited Mar 13, 2016 4:12AM

sorry i am too late to response and unfortuntly i faced serveral problems ,thanks for your reply but i am looking for that directory but i can't find it do you have any idea about how to find it?

• Ajay Taneja
    Ajay Taneja Member Posts: 1,413 Bronze Trophy
    edited Mar 13, 2016 4:23AM

Hi Kareem,

If you are not able to find the path what you can do is that open jdeveloper and choose run-->start weblogic server.

Check your console window, it will show you your path where this file.

It should help you,

Cheers,Ajay

• Kareem Wahba
    edited Mar 13, 2016 4:44AM

thanks for your reply sir , i found it but it seems that folder "AppData" was hidden , but now i am trying to run this JAVA_OPTIONS="$JAVA_OPTIONS -Dfile.encoding=utf8"    but it didn't work what should i type in the cmd exactly ?

This discussion has been closed.