• 3,780,926 Users
  • 2,254,456 Discussions
  • 7,879,496 Comments

Discussions

Paging control with row expander

2930948 Member Posts: 5
edited Apr 14, 2016 4:15AM in Oracle JET

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way how to use Paging control with table that is using row expander. From what I was able to discover is that for row expander to work it's datasource has to be of type FlattenedTreeTableDataSource, but Paging control needs PagingTableDataSource which does not seem to work with FlattenedTreeDataSource used for row expander. Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to get these two components working together?

Thanks

Vasek Stebra

Best Answer

• John 'JB' Brock-Oracle
    John 'JB' Brock-Oracle Posts: 2,710 Employee
    edited Apr 13, 2016 1:46PM Accepted Answer

Hi Vasek,

This should be possible using the following code:

var datasource = new oj.PagingTableDataSource(new oj.FlattenedTreeTableDataSource( new oj.FlattenedTreeDataSource( new oj.JsonTreeDataSource(data), options)));

However, there is a bug in the current version(v2.0.0) that is preventing this from working properly.  It is fixed and will be available in the next release (v2.0.1) which will come out in about a week.  Please watch for the new version announcement next week and upgrade to that version to get things working properly with this.

Sorry for the troubles.

Answers

• John 'JB' Brock-Oracle
    edited Apr 13, 2016 1:46PM Accepted Answer

Hi Vasek,

This should be possible using the following code:

var datasource = new oj.PagingTableDataSource(new oj.FlattenedTreeTableDataSource( new oj.FlattenedTreeDataSource( new oj.JsonTreeDataSource(data), options)));

However, there is a bug in the current version(v2.0.0) that is preventing this from working properly.  It is fixed and will be available in the next release (v2.0.1) which will come out in about a week.  Please watch for the new version announcement next week and upgrade to that version to get things working properly with this.

Sorry for the troubles.

• John 'JB' Brock-Oracle
    edited Apr 13, 2016 1:57PM

Quick follow to my previous reply.  I've been told that there is a limitation to the use of paging control with the TreeTable in that it will only allow you to go one page at a time.

For example you can go from page 1 to page 2 and then to page 3, but you can not go directly from page 1 to page 3.

We have an ER to get this fixed as well, but right now it's a limitation of the flattened datasource.  I don't have an ETA as to when this part will be fixed.

2930948 Member Posts: 5
    edited Apr 14, 2016 4:15AM

Hi John,

thank you for your reply. It helps a lot. I will be checking the announcement for the new verision.

Thank you

Vasek