This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 31st, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,573 Users
  • 2,269,776 Discussions
  • 7,916,824 Comments

Discussions

Non-default SQLFORMAT + cursor column

Alexander Chudesnov
Alexander Chudesnov Member Posts: 2
edited May 5, 2016 3:58AM in SQLcl

Hello, here's the problem I've encountered with the SQLFORMAT feature using SQLcl with Oracle 11g, I thought maybe you could shed light on its source, and maybe suggest a solution.

SQLcl 4.2.0.16.112.0616 RC fails to execute a SQL statement with CURSOR columns on an 11.2.0.1.0 database with any non-default SQLFORMAT. The corresponding column's type in the output is "NUMBER", no data is returned for this column, and an error message "getOracleObject not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CResultSetAccessor" is displayed (No version of JDBC I've tried so far implements this method).

When I 'set SQLFORMAT default', this statement is executed without error messages and data is fetched and displayed, but the output layout is broken.

Here is an example gist where I execute the same query in SQLPlus, SQLcl with default format and SQLcl with JSON format: https://gist.github.com/Chudesnov/06324d480290a7a916aaec6ef9173083

Tagged:

Comments