• 2,262,397 Discussions
  • 7,900,749 Comments

Discussions

Problem installing/upgrading the Glassfish tools

Nei Alcantara Jr.
Nei Alcantara Jr. Member Posts: 8
edited May 27, 2016 1:53PM in Enterprise Pack for Eclipse

Hello !

I'm having trouble installing / upgrading the GlassFish Tools. Every time I try to install / upgrade displays the error below:

error_eclipse.PNG

I have Eclipse installed the version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2) (Build id: 20160218-0600).

Can someone help me ?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Kosta-Oracle
    Kosta-Oracle Member Posts: 461
    edited May 26, 2016 1:28PM Answer ✓

One possibility is that this caused by a broken web cache in your locale. I have asked our web team to purge OEPE content in all of the distributed web caches. That should have completed now. Please try again. If it doesn't work, please try again tomorrow or on Monday. If that still doesn't work, we will need your approximate geographical location to pursue this further.

Answers

• Ram V-Oracle
    Ram V-Oracle Member Posts: 107
    edited May 24, 2016 11:45AM

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the problem. I am able to point to OEPE 12.2.1.2.1 repository and install GF tooling.

gf.png

NOTE: If you are behind a firewall, you might have to configure proxy at Window | Preferences | General | Network Connections

-Ram

• Kosta-Oracle
    edited May 24, 2016 1:19PM

Could you detail what version of GF Tools you are starting from and which repository you are using to install/upgrade from. The error that you are seeing could be a result of intermittent network issues. If you are seeing it consistently, make sure that your Eclipse is able to connect to Internet. An easy way to do that is by going to Help -> Eclipse Marketplace. If you are able to see search results in the marketplace, then you have a connection. If you don't, see Ram's tip on configuring your proxy.

• Nei Alcantara Jr.
    edited May 26, 2016 11:12AM

Hi  Ram and @Kosta-Oracle.

Ram, do you installed to complete? This screen also appears to me, but when I install, presents error in downloading.

And Kosta, no proxy in my rede. Other updates function normally. Only Glassfish presents error.

Below the update URL:

updates glassfish.PNG

I use Glassfish 4.1.

I've already tried to install Eclipse clean, but I have same problem.

• Ram V-Oracle
    Ram V-Oracle Member Posts: 107
    edited May 26, 2016 1:00PM

Yes, the installation successfully completed!

Here is what i tried:

- downloaded eclipse-jee-mars-2-win32-x86_64.zip from eclipse site

- launch eclipse in a new workspace

- Help > Install New Software, point to 12.2.1.2.1 repository and complete GF plugin installation

-Ram

• Kosta-Oracle
    edited May 26, 2016 1:28PM Answer ✓

One possibility is that this caused by a broken web cache in your locale. I have asked our web team to purge OEPE content in all of the distributed web caches. That should have completed now. Please try again. If it doesn't work, please try again tomorrow or on Monday. If that still doesn't work, we will need your approximate geographical location to pursue this further.

• Nei Alcantara Jr.
    edited May 27, 2016 10:05AM

Hi

@Kosta-Oracle, your solution worked. The problem was even broken web cache in my region.

I managed to install / update the Glassfish .

Note: My region is São Paulo / Brazil.

Thank you very much.

• Kosta-Oracle
    edited May 27, 2016 1:53PM

Very glad to hear that this worked!

This discussion has been closed.