Forum Stats

• 3,851,478 Users
  • 2,263,984 Discussions
  • 7,904,730 Comments

Discussions

How to adjust dynamically oracle apex 4.2 region based upon content?

Muazzam
Muazzam Member Posts: 51
edited Jul 20, 2016 8:20AM in APEX Discussions

I am using html(PLSQL block) query for populating data via cursors in html table as there is grouping of data involved and based upon content its not sure how much to increase page width under region attribute property.

I would like to know is there any way to increase or decrease region size based upon table columns?

Tagged:
Mahmoud_Rabie

Answers

• Mahmoud_Rabie
    Mahmoud_Rabie Cloud Solution Architect, Member Posts: 3,216 Bronze Crown
    edited Jul 20, 2016 7:34AM

Hi

I think your task could be done by HTML and CSS. Please take a look on this

css - How to fit HTML table row to its content - Stack Overflow

I hope that helps or solves your problem. If it doesn't help please demonstrate on apex.oracle.com with providing the workspace name and a developer credentials.

Regards

Mahmoud

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,195 Red Diamond
    edited Jul 20, 2016 8:09AM
    Muazzam wrote:

I am using html(PLSQL block) query for populating data via cursors in html table as there is grouping of data involved and based upon content its not sure how much to increase page width under region attribute property.

I would like to know is there any way to increase or decrease region size based upon table columns?

Sounds like an XY question.

Dynamic PL/SQL Content regions are very rarely required. A classic report/custom template solution is invariably simpler and more efficient. If you provide detailed requirements, data structures, and sample data and layouts (or better still, share a demonstration on apex.oracle.com as requested above) then I'm confident we'll be able to come up with a better approach.

When asking a layout or visual formatting question, always provide full details of your environment and application—including the UI, theme, and templates involved.

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,195 Red Diamond
    edited Jul 20, 2016 8:20AM
    Mahmoud_Rabie wrote:

I think your task could be done by HTML and CSS. Please take a look on this
    css - How to fit HTML table row to its content - Stack Overflow

Don't think that's relevant. The code involved is horrifically obsolete and the entire problem relates to the height of table elements (due more to a fundamental misunderstanding of HTML tables than anything else) rather than table width.

HTML and CSS will probably feature in the solution, but we need to understand what the actual problem is first.

Mahmoud_Rabie
This discussion has been closed.