Pedro Curto
Pedro Curto Member Posts: 39
edited Sep 5, 2016 10:38AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello,

I'm using JDeveloper 12.2.1.

Context:

For simplicity assume the following setup:

• Project A:

This is the main project and it contains a taskFlow that points to a simple .jsf page with an outputText component and call a declarative component that is defined in the Project B.

• Project B:

This project contains a reusable declarative component, that only contains a outputText component.

pastedImage_0.png

All dependencies are configured between the projects. Also assume that the Project B jar is made and the sharelib is deployed to the integrated server.

Problem:

1. Run the project A for the first time - it appears the page with the correct components (outputtext from the projectA and the outputtext from the projectB).

1. Then stop and undeploy the application
  2. Modify the ProjectB (for example to print other string), generate the jar and shareLibrary to the integrated server
  3. Re-run the ProjectA - It appears a blank page and the logs are empty, e.g., no errors are printed.

Then if we restart the integrated server (with no changes in the deployments or jars) and run the ProjectA it starts to work again.

But if we repeat the steps mentioned (change the projectB and run the projectA) it appears the same blank page with no errors

Anyone had this problem? there is some solution?

Note:

We want to share the page fragment without the use of a task flow in project B, because in your ADF application we use the fragment page inside an forEach component, e.g., it is called multiple times in the same ADF page and we want to use the less resources possible in that situation.

=======================

[UPDATE]

This is a problem from the ADF 12.2.1.

It works fine in ADF 12.1.3.

I opened a SR with an example application. When I receive a feedback I will update this question/aswers.

======================

Answers

• PraveenM90
    PraveenM90 Member Posts: 202 Red Ribbon
    edited Jul 27, 2016 12:02PM

Hello Pedro

what is the issue My point is sorry am not getting your use case in clear way am getting like this you want to use your

Application A in Application B as Region. sorry if am wrong.

Thanks

Praveen

• Pedro Curto
    edited Jul 27, 2016 7:05PM

Question updated.

• Bijesh Krishnadas
    Bijesh Krishnadas Member Posts: 523
    edited Jul 27, 2016 8:41PM

hi Pedro,

I am not sure if a shared library can get hot loaded. When you deploy a new version of the shared lib, you will need to "restart" the dependent applications. You don't necessarily need to restart the managed server itself.

• PraveenM90
    PraveenM90 Member Posts: 202 Red Ribbon
    edited Jul 28, 2016 5:53AM

Hello Pedro

you need two deployments first deploy the ProjecB and then add jar in shared Lib of ProjectA then again Deploy the ProjecA then you need to run the ProjectA after that. No need to Restart WLS again and again. I Hope it will help you if you are not deploy ProjecA it will not show error but the lib cause problem and it will show in Log TF missing as warning you need to check that.

Thanks

Praveen

• Pedro Curto
    edited Sep 5, 2016 10:37AM

[UPDATE]

This is a problem from the ADF 12.2.1.

It works fine in ADF 12.1.3.

I opened a SR with an example application. When I receive a feedback I will update this question/aswers.

Regards

This discussion has been closed.