• 2,253,117 Discussions
  • 7,875,465 Comments

Discussions

How to handle big amount of SDO_GEOMETRIES with cx_Oracle

limor
limor Member Posts: 38
edited Aug 15, 2016 8:22AM in Python

Hi,

I build a webserver with web.py and cx_Oracle to fetch SDO_GEOMETRIES from Oracle Database.

Now I fetch the 3D-Data and than I convert the cx_Oracle.Objects to a json.

But another consideration is that  I do not have to build the json in the Webserver. I can already build the json in the Oracle DB (in a new column). Than I can execute a query to get this json.

But I think this doesnt make so much sense.  Because this json is in Oracle a CLOB Type and this I have to read out in cx_Oracle like the sdo_Geometry (cx_Oracle.Object).

Does anyone has experience to fetch a big amount of 3d geometries and build a json from this with cx_Oracle???

fxmatzfmz

Answers

• Christopher Jones-Oracle
    Christopher Jones-Oracle Member Posts: 1,643 Employee
    edited Aug 8, 2016 11:37PM

Is this related to https://sourceforge.net/p/cx-oracle/mailman/cx-oracle-users/thread/CAGsDTb1SEcSmCv3yDTOJenM7f3QOPasHzfBWNcvN56bVs1J_vw%4…  ?

If you are using Oracle's 12.1.0.2 JSON data type (stored as CLOB), or even just using a CLOB without all the added features of Oracle's JSON support, why not fetch it directly as a LOB and then work with it in cx_Oracle as JSON?

• limor
    limor Member Posts: 38
    edited Aug 15, 2016 8:22AM

How do you mean fetch it like a LOB.

cx_oracle cannot handle both data types . Does it make sense to use a LOB instead to fetch the sdo_geometry and then to read the coordinates like this:

for id, geometry, classname in cursor:

mo = geometry.SDO_ORDINATES.aslist()

result.append({

"building_nr":id,"geometry": {

"type":"polygon","coordinates":zip(*[iter(mo)] * 3),}, "polygon_typ":classname,})

There exists the function sdo2geojson3d but this returns a CLOB-Type.

What is the fastest way: -> 1.) fetch sdo_geom object and read the coordinates inside python webserver (example above)

-> 2.) using a pl/sql wrapper inside Oracle

-> 3.) using SDO_UTIL.GETVERTICES()

-> 4.)  fetch a LOB-Object (as you mentioned)?

Regarding to point three I can also use the function SDO_UTIL.GETVERTICES() to get the coordinates out of the sdo_geometry objects.

I tried this in cx_Oracle + python and it is really fast (under one second).

My result is:

(1314867, 3500936.67, 5394350.72, 439.17400000000004, 'BuildingWallSurface')(1314867, 3500938.59, 5394348.52, 439.17400000000004, 'BuildingWallSurface')

But I need a JSON and it is written that the ouput is not serializable!?

I did it in this way:

for id,x,y,z, classname in cursor:

result.append({

"building_nr":id,"geometry": {

"type":"polygon","coordinates":[(x, y, z)],}, "polygon_typ":classname,})

return result

My result is now:

[{'building_nr': 1314867, 'geometry': {'type': 'polygon', 'coordinates': [(3500936.67, 5394350.72, 439.17400000000004)]}, 'polygon_typ': 'BuildingWallSurface'}, ...

The problem is I get only one point geometry.

But for example there exists 5 points for this wall surface. I need all points with the same building_nr (id)!

fmz
This discussion has been closed.