Forum Stats

• 3,852,857 Users
  • 2,264,143 Discussions
  • 7,905,157 Comments

Discussions

JDeveloper .war file deploy to EC2

3321542 Member Posts: 13
edited Oct 2, 2016 1:45PM in JDeveloper and ADF

Is it possible to upload / deploy  a JDeveloper .war file to Amazon Elastic Beanstalk and have it actually run?

After long Google search, I was only able to find an article from 2013 https://wesfang.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/start-to-finish-adf-essentials-deployment-on-amazon-ec2/

I want to spend my time in JDeveloper learning everything about JSF webapps, but I simply do not have $15,000 license plus $450 monthly minimum to start.

With development projects, one could eventually afford JDeveloper deployment.

My question:

Can anything developed with JDeveloper be deployed on any other cloud without the extensive efforts as reviewed in the above article?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,735 Red Diamond
    edited Oct 2, 2016 4:03AM

User, to learn JDev and ADF or use ADF Essentials you don't need to spend any money. All the software can be downloaded for free and use for free as long as it's only for you to learn. When you use the full ADF stack (not essentials) you have to pay a licence fee if you make the application available commercially.

If you use ADF Essentials and you use GlassFish server (or any other one) it's free.

If you like to try the cloud solution you can get a trail (30 days) for free from Oracle. If you want to uise EC2 you can try, without support, but still have to pay a licence fee if you ue the full ADF stack (free if you use Essentials).

Timo

3321542 Member Posts: 13
    edited Oct 2, 2016 1:34PM

Thank you.  That is the best answer I have received.

But what about deployment to AWS?  Why is it so easy with NetBeans and so difficult with JDeveloper?

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,735 Red Diamond
    edited Oct 2, 2016 1:45PM

Sorry, can't answer this one as I have not tried to deploy to AWS.

Most users working with JDev deploy to WLS which is just one click. I guess once you found out which settings to use it'll be easy on AWS too.

Timo

This discussion has been closed.