Forum Stats

• 3,770,730 Users
  • 2,253,161 Discussions
  • 7,875,566 Comments

Discussions

How Do I "configure RESTful Web services" for Apex?

Alex P 7939892
Alex P 7939892 Member Posts: 20
edited Nov 22, 2016 4:58PM in APEX Discussions

I had APEX 5.0.3 installed in my DB, but it appears that APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER and APEX_LISTENER users were not created.

Per E39144_04.pdf (Apex 5 Install Guide) on page 43, it says "If you configured RESTful Web services, then these additional accounts will be created..".

So - I'm guessing my DBAs did not configure RESTful Web Services.

However, in the APEX install process, I see nothing about how to DO that.

So....how do we configure RESTful Web Services in the DB? (We're on Oracle 11gr2)

Best Answer

• Alex P 7939892
    edited Nov 22, 2016 4:58PM Accepted Answer

ok, ok! ....I finally found it.

So, I'm answering for myself and anyone else with this question.

In the Oracle APEX install guide, there is a section "Configuring RESTful Services with Oracle REST Data Services" in which it states:

In a new installation of Oracle Application Express, you configure RESTful Services by running the configuration script apex_rest_config.sql.

The reason I couldn't find it, is that that part of the document comes AFTER the section titled "Downloading Oracle REST Data Services", which says to follow all steps in the REST install guide....which is impossible until you run the script above....which comes after this section in the doc. Very confusing. Anyways, there you go!

Answers

• Alex P 7939892
    edited Nov 22, 2016 4:58PM Accepted Answer

ok, ok! ....I finally found it.

So, I'm answering for myself and anyone else with this question.

In the Oracle APEX install guide, there is a section "Configuring RESTful Services with Oracle REST Data Services" in which it states:

In a new installation of Oracle Application Express, you configure RESTful Services by running the configuration script apex_rest_config.sql.

The reason I couldn't find it, is that that part of the document comes AFTER the section titled "Downloading Oracle REST Data Services", which says to follow all steps in the REST install guide....which is impossible until you run the script above....which comes after this section in the doc. Very confusing. Anyways, there you go!

This discussion has been closed.