• 2,264,146 Discussions
  • 7,905,157 Comments

Discussions

Deploy Oracle JET to Google App Engine

TreeStrepek
TreeStrepek Member Posts: 260
edited Jan 25, 2017 12:00PM in Oracle JET

Hello Oracle Community- @John @Andrejus @Geertjan-Oracle

Who has experience deploying O-JET to GAE- JavaScript environment?  Do we have docs on deploying an Oracle JET web app to Google App Engine- JS?   Should be possible.  Google examples show Express.js used in their JS Flex environment.   O-JET is KnockoutJS based.  Pretty close.  Javascript ecosystem in both.  Per docs- I am using GRUNT  to build/ minify/ package.  I'm looking for the next steps on GAE if this has been tested.   What's the detailed deployment process?

Please Jump in with your insight.

Thank you in advance,

TreeStrepek

here's my discussion on StackOverflow

javascript - How to Deploy Oracle JET on Google App Engine-JS? - Stack Overflow

Tagged:

Answers

• TreeStrepek
    edited Nov 28, 2016 7:17AM

Dear Oracle Community,

I have created an O-JET website.  I would like to deploy it on GAE-JS as I have another app there already.    I see 40+ views on this discussion.  No response yet.    Has this deployment combination been tried?   Does it fail?   Success stories?  Bad idea?  I'm looking for insight from the pros as I am new at this combination.

Thanks in advance.

It seems like this should be a viable combo for a basic O-JET SPA (O-JET is based on Knockout.js/ Require.js/ Node.js)

TreeStrepek

• TreeStrepek
    edited Dec 12, 2016 8:53PM

John 'JB' Brock-OracleAndrejus Geertjan-Oracle do you have knowledge of this deployment being attempted??  In theory it seems feasible that this could work.  My theory is that the app.yaml can be modified for our O-JET requirements?   Any detail you can pass my way?  

Thanks in advance,

TreeStrepek

• John 'JB' Brock-Oracle
    John 'JB' Brock-Oracle Posts: 2,843 Employee
    edited Dec 13, 2016 12:30PM

Hi TreeStrepek,

I don't have any experience with Google App Engine, and I'm not aware of anyone on our team that does.  A JET based application is just HTML/JavaScript/CSS.  However you would deploy those kinds of files to GAE, would be the same for JET.  Nothing special is required by JET itself.  Path's to files and resources would be the only thing that I can think of that may need to be modified, but even for that, most of the requireJs config is relative path mapping so it should be fine.

TreeStrepek
  • TreeStrepek
    edited Jan 25, 2017 12:00PM

Thanks John.  My thoughts are same.  I will circle back when I arrive at the solve.  GAE is has Python & GOscript options.  No pure JS.  I'm working through it.  Will circle back and close this question when I finish.

MyBest!

TreeStrepek