• 3,769,478 Users
  • 2,252,969 Discussions
  • 7,875,044 Comments

Discussions

Mouse Navigation Problem in Forms 12c

Raymond La Valley
Raymond La Valley Member Posts: 6
edited Dec 22, 2016 7:20AM in Forms

@Michael Ferrante-Oracle We have very recently upgraded to forms 12c with the browserless webstart session option.  We are seeing an issue in some, but not all forms.  The issue is with selecting a field with the mouse vs. tabbing to that field.  Tabbing does not appear to be a problem.

Here are the specifics:

1. Log in and go into the form
  2. Select, in this case, a drop down list item (LOV) within a list box with the mouse that is not the default item in a particular block.
  3. The cursor is in the item.  However, in this case the the list box is set to turn blue when a record is selected.  It is not blue.
  4. Select the List of Values button from the button bar and receive the error FRM-41026: Field does not understand operation, which is a message for a widget other than an LOV.
  5. If I hit TAB at that point navigation goes from the 1st item on the block to the next. 
  6. If I then mouse click a 2nd time in the LOV within the list box the cursor is there and the record is blue.
  7. Hitting the List of Values button at this point does what it is supposed to do.
  8. If I navigate away from that tab and back it starts all over again from item #2
  9. There is a when-tab-page-changed trigger on the form that designates per tab which item to do a go_item to - in this case the 1st item (intentional) which is a check box which IS set to keyboard and mouse navigable
  10. This was not a problem in 11g but now is in 12c forms
  11. This is not a problem in all screens, but I don't know the full scope of the damage as go live was 2 days ago.  It is repeatable in the screens it happens in that I have found.

What do I need to do to solve this?  I have messed with but really can't see any properties on the property pallets that seem to address this.

Could there be some web logic server level setting we are missing or is this something to be addressed in each form?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• Frank Hoffmann
    Frank Hoffmann Member Posts: 796 Gold Badge
    edited Dec 22, 2016 3:49AM

Raymond,

which Version do you use 12.2.1.2?

Can you make a simple test case with a simple lov example to reproduce your case?

I would like to check it on all three existing Versions.

Frank

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,897 Employee
    edited Dec 22, 2016 7:20AM

As Frank mentioned, having a test case would be extremely helpful.  Also, determining if the problem reproduces with Forms 12.2.1.2 and Java 8u112 would also be a helpful data point.

Regardless, you best bet is to work through Oracle Support.  If this is a defect, Support will be able to use your test case to confirm the issue and report the issue to development.

This discussion has been closed.