• 3,781,246 Users
  • 2,254,495 Discussions
  • 7,879,623 Comments

Discussions

12c - Mouse Focus Lost When Navigating in Forms using the Mouse

Raymond La Valley
Raymond La Valley Member Posts: 6
edited Jan 3, 2017 5:29PM in Forms

@Michael Ferrante-Oracle You have a previous thread about a mouse focus issue https://community.oracle.com/thread/3900434?start=15&tstart=0

We have recently gone live with 12c forms and reports and are also experiencing this.  We downloaded the referenced patch which fixed the issue.  However, it broke something else - our icons on our toolbar are now broken links.  We use our own custom icons in a jar we have signed and have been doing so for about 10 years.

Do you or anyone else know of anything related to this patch that would break jar resources on the weblogic server?  Please let me know what other information you would need for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,938 Employee
    edited Jan 3, 2017 5:29PM

The "issue" to which I was referring in the previous post was fixed in 12.2.1.1.  Therefore, if you downloaded and installed the related patch, this suggests that you are using 12.2.1.0.  If you haven't already moved to it, I recommend moving to the latest version (12.2.1.2.0) where this and many other issues have been corrected.

That said, it is highly improbable that the fix for bug 22351071 has anything to do with an issue with your use of a custom jar file.  I know that we have many customers currently using 12.2.1.1 and 12.2.1.2 with custom jar files and they have not reported any inability to access the content of those jars.  I have performed many tests in both 12.2.1.1 and 12.2.1.2 with custom jars and have not seen any problems.

Things to consider:

1.  When you moved to Forms 12, which JRE (Java) version did you decide to use?  If you are using one of the most recent versions, it is possible that your jar file was not signed with an appropriate certificate.  Support for SHA1 and older certs is no longer supported in current versions.  You may need to resign your jars with an updated cert.

2.  Have your cleared your jar cache (end-user machine)?  Even if you change Java versions, the previous cache is retained.  It's possible that the stored files are stale.

3.  If you are getting an error message or exception in the Java Console, have you very carefully reviewed its contents?  If not, consider enabling JRE tracing and review the error.  Often a good hit to the cause of the failure will be exposed.

Because you didn't mention the symptoms of your issue, it's hard to offer much more than this.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

This discussion has been closed.