Discussions

Parent Task Flow comunication to Child Tasf Flow not using inputParameters

managed BEAN
managed BEAN Member Posts: 948 Silver Badge
edited Jan 3, 2017 10:50AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello experts,

I am using jdev 12.2.1 and i have the following page:

Untitled.png

Inside a <af:panelAccordion> i have a <af:showDetailItem> with a region in it. This is displayed in a fragment (which is a region of a page.jsf).

I am aware of contextual events and taskFlow inputParameters, but these do not fulfill my needs.

I will elaborate:

The <af:showDetailItem> is binded to a managed bean declared in the parent fragment TF, and upon it´s opening and closure i want to execute a method in a managed bean declared in the TF of the child region.

I thought that contextual events would work but they only work from child to parent direction. I want the other way around (parent to child direction).

The examples i found are only passing input parameters for the child TF, but i don´t want to pass parameters, i want to execute a method of the child managed bean.

Still with contextual events if in the bindings i create a bounded task flow binding (pointing to the parent TF) i can have access to the event, but i´m not sure if this is the right way of doing it (because it would be like a loop reference - the parent would have a binding to the child TF and the child TF would have a binding to the parent TF).

I hope the use case is clear for you to help me.

Thanks

Carlos

P.S. - the child region managed bean has a List, and one of the methods i want to execute is to clear the content of it, therefore i don´t want to instantiate the bean(view Scope) more than once.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.