• 7,905,946 Comments

Discussions

Set Focus on CreateINsert row in ADF Table

Answers

• Umer Farooq
    Umer Farooq Member Posts: 28
    edited Jan 19, 2017 1:09AM

Dear Sir,

To reproduce this issue. Simply download application mentioned in following article. and migrate this application to Jdeveloper 12.2.1.2. After that it moves focus on newly created row field. That is as per requirement. But on hitting the TAB-key, the input focus is lost, and not placed into the next input field. It must move to next input field.

Andrejus Baranovskis Blog: Improving ADF UI Table CRUD Functionality with Auto Focus

• Umer Farooq
    edited Jan 20, 2017 12:59AM
  • Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,775 Red Diamond
    edited Jan 20, 2017 8:58AM

I guess your last option is to open a SR with support.oracle.com (payable support contract needed) and let them work on this.

Timo

• Muhammad.Rizwan
    Muhammad.Rizwan Member Posts: 552
    edited Jan 20, 2017 10:46AM

Hi Umer,

you can try following

1. go to xml page, then clean/make project. do this while server is stopped.

2. check if there is duplicate field name

3. try setting focus to some other field.

4. Check properties of next field. e.g.it's not disabled, read-only etc?

5. If everything looks ok, try removing the field and re-create it.

first re-create with same id, if it doesn't work, try creating it with different id.

good luck!

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,775 Red Diamond
    edited Jan 20, 2017 11:05AM

@Muhammad.Rizwan have you tried this with the sample application? Did this work?

Timo

• Muhammad.Rizwan
    Muhammad.Rizwan Member Posts: 552
    edited Jan 20, 2017 11:13AM

Hi Timo,

No, I haven't tried this but had similar issues in the past and one of the work arounds did the trick for me.

• Jonas de Graaff (CACI)
    Jonas de Graaff (CACI) Member Posts: 12 Blue Ribbon
    edited Feb 3, 2017 7:11AM

Umer,

I ran into the same issue. The fact that your TAB-key is not working anymore is caused by the fact that the table is not in 'Action mode'. Since 12c, there is a whole new keyboard and focus management that is based in the accessibility requirements from the WAG 2.0 guidelines. Please read the 'editmode' section of the following documentation to understand how it should work according to Oracle:

http://jdevadf.oracle.com/adf-richclient-demo/docs/tagdoc/af_table.html

This leaves the functional requirement that you want to place the cursor in the new row automatically. I've filed a SR with this question and I'm currently waiting for the answer.

Regards,

Jonas

• Om Pathak
    Om Pathak Member Posts: 2
    edited Mar 8, 2017 7:55AM

Hi Jonas,

We too are facing the similar issue as reported in this thread.

Did you get a reply for the Oracle SR?

Regards,

Om

• Gijith
    Gijith Member Posts: 117
    edited Apr 21, 2017 2:23AM

Dea Umer and , @Muhammad.Rizwan @Timo Hahn @managed BEAN

I am also facing the same problem with Jdeveloper Version 12.2.1.1.0. This problem i am facing from version 11gR1 & 11gR2. Now its in 12C also.

Did you get any solution or SR for this issue. ?

I think this a birth defect of ADF table. Because i am adding an additional point here. That is even though you are not using any custom Java script in adf table this issue of TAB out will happen if any column in the table have component with autosubmit=true.

Autosubmit is a property of all ADF component. So by setting it to true why ADF table TAB out behaves strange? It should work properly right ? But till now there is no solution or workaround for this. That is why i mentioned it as a birth defect of ADF Table. The same mistake may be propagating to every version of ADF and Oracle may be unaware or still standing surprised upon this in all these years..

All Gruru's in this forum have no solution for this yet.  All are telling to use Editable form instead of ADF table. Then why they provided Editable Table component ?. Just for seeing in component list ? So, i think ADF Era is gonna end.

If any Guru's have contradiction then just say us the solution.

Just for an example . You can download a sample application from https://technology.amis.nl/2016/03/15/navigating-adf-editable-table-arrow-keys/  ( This is the blog just i got with a sample now) or you can create a simple page with ADF table . And then give auto submit to any of the column and see what i said.

Enjoy.

Regards,

Gijith.

• Umer Farooq
    edited Jul 3, 2017 3:07AM

Hi John,

Did you got the reply.

This discussion has been closed.