• 3,853,894 Users
  • 2,264,290 Discussions
  • 7,905,498 Comments

Discussions

Multiple JavaFX Webview Issues - New JavaFX User

ainsleyc-JavaNet
ainsleyc-JavaNet Member Posts: 1
edited Feb 5, 2017 7:04PM in JavaFX 2.0 and Later

Hello. I'm new to JavaFX and Webview. I've been porting over a GWT application, and am using WebView to render a model-based text / image based ui. I really like JavaFX a lot more than Swing, after getting using to the threading quirks that is.

I have found 4 problems that appear to be bugs in the library or problems/regressions with the version of webkit that JavaFX is using:

1) scrollIntoView() does not seem to be an included api method within an Element. I use this method heavily.

2) css style "image-rendering: pixelated;" does not seem to be honoured. The result is that pixel-art style pngs/gifs are filtered/blurred. This looks horrible.

3) Inline image urls work in 1.8u20, 1.8u51, but they do not render at all in 1.8u121. Between release 51 and 121, there appears to have been a regression. Nothing at all renders for these items, and I tested using the exact same sourcecode, only switching the JRE/JDK.

4) Css style "display:flex;" does not work. Have to use "-webkit-display:flex;".

So, my questions are.

A) Are there workarounds for one or more of these issues?

B) If not, should I raise bug reports / feature requests somewhere?

C) Will there be a Webkit engine boost coming in Java 9, and if so, when is it likely to be available?

Chris

Answers

• bouye-JavaNet
    bouye-JavaNet Member Posts: 394 Silver Badge
    edited Feb 5, 2017 7:04PM

hi,

you can check if those issues have already been reported on the OpenJDK Bug System (https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/ ) and if they are not, you can report them at the Java Bug Database where Oracle employees will forward them to the OpenJDK after evaluation.

Issue JDK-8166999 indicates there will be a port to new WebKit* (as of December 2016) for JDK9. No idea if they'll updated it again when JDK9 final is released (currently planned for July 2017) or even if they will attempt a backport to JDK8.

This discussion has been closed.