• 3,851,696 Users
  • 2,264,013 Discussions
  • 7,904,820 Comments

Discussions

Get Scheduling/Meeting details for Email Id

1159813 Member Posts: 2
edited Mar 10, 2017 3:52AM in APEX Discussions

Hi All,

we have a requirement in our application where, if a user sends and email. meeting Invite to the Oracle Apex System, can we block the calender for that email ID.

It would be similar to booking a meeting room while sending email invitees. can this be feasible in oracle apex?

Any help is  greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

murahari

Tagged:

Answers

• pkpanda
    pkpanda Member Posts: 346 Bronze Badge
    edited Mar 9, 2017 7:01AM

There is a package application Meeting Minutes that might help you.

1159813 Member Posts: 2
    edited Mar 10, 2017 12:58AM

Hi,

Thanks for the update, But my actual question is if there is any possibility like if i send meeting invite from outlook from my local machine and will it be possible to read the meeting invite details and block the calender in MOM APP. or any oracle apex Applications. Please advice.

Regards,

Murahari

• Carsten Czarski-Oracle
    Carsten Czarski-Oracle Consulting Member of technical Staff Munich, GermanyMember Posts: 1,358 Employee
    edited Mar 10, 2017 3:52AM

Hi Murahari,

something like this is indeed possible, but there is not much out-of-the-box functionality you can use. It will require some significant amount of coding work.

1. To process an email invitation you would need an email address for your apex application. Invites would then be sent to that mail address. Now the APEX app (the database) would need to access the IMAP or POP3 email server. You can find a package for that purpose here: PL/SQL Email Client API (Package MAIL_CLIENT)
      (that is the first coding part: You need to code PL/SQL procedures / job which access that email account regularly, fetching the messages and extract the attachment with the invite)
    2. The next step woud be parsing the invite attachment. These come in ICAL format, for which you should be able to find some documentation on the internet - then you have the next work package which is parsing the iCAL and inserting the data into your tables ...

I hope that helps

-Carsten

This discussion has been closed.