Forum Stats

• 3,873,510 Users
  • 2,266,597 Discussions
  • 7,911,559 Comments

Discussions

How to activate quickDoc in JDeveloper (12.2.1.0)?

Mehdi Esteghamatian
Mehdi Esteghamatian Member Posts: 405
edited Apr 9, 2017 9:10AM in JDeveloper and ADF

hi All,

It may sound a little bit stupid but I don't know how I can activate quickDoc/ Completion Inside (Ctrl+space / Ctrl+D) in my jdeveloper (JDev 12.2.1.0)

I get the below error messages if I try them. Might installing JDeveloper extension help?

Any clue is much appreciate it.

Jake

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,907 Red Diamond
    edited Apr 6, 2017 10:40AM Answer ✓

This depends where you activate the quick dock. If you do it on your own class (which you show in the image by activating it on this) you have to write javadoc comments for the methods n your code first.

pastedImage_3.png

For hte normal Java classes jdev tries to read the javadoc from the www. To make it faster, you can download the doc as zip file and add it as additional resource to the jdk settings.

Go to Tools-'Manage Libraries' and select the 'Java-SE definitions' tab and check that that doc entry for the jdk. Download the documentation from Java Development Kit 8 Documentation and put the zip file into a folder. Change the setting in the dialog and add the zip file to the documentation path and make it the first entry.

pastedImage_6.png

Restart JDev and the quick Doc should start working faster as it should be read from the local resource.

Timo

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,907 Red Diamond
    edited Apr 6, 2017 10:40AM Answer ✓

This depends where you activate the quick dock. If you do it on your own class (which you show in the image by activating it on this) you have to write javadoc comments for the methods n your code first.

pastedImage_3.png

For hte normal Java classes jdev tries to read the javadoc from the www. To make it faster, you can download the doc as zip file and add it as additional resource to the jdk settings.

Go to Tools-'Manage Libraries' and select the 'Java-SE definitions' tab and check that that doc entry for the jdk. Download the documentation from Java Development Kit 8 Documentation and put the zip file into a folder. Change the setting in the dialog and add the zip file to the documentation path and make it the first entry.

pastedImage_6.png

Restart JDev and the quick Doc should start working faster as it should be read from the local resource.

Timo

• Mehdi Esteghamatian
    edited Apr 7, 2017 7:57AM

Thanks .... Will that include the ADF and ADF Faces libraries too?

• Timo Hahn
    edited Apr 7, 2017 8:43AM

No, hte adf libraries do already have the needed entries and don'T need anything else.

Timo

• Mehdi Esteghamatian
    edited Apr 7, 2017 10:46AM

Docs definitions seem to be in place .... I have no clue why I still can't see the QuickDocs.

It is showing just find for standard java libraries..... ?!!

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

• Timo Hahn
    edited Apr 7, 2017 11:31AM

You try to get doc from a method which is inherited from a super class. This will not work. Try and select one of the methods which are printed in bold. These are the methods defined in the class. It should work for them.

Timo

• Mehdi Esteghamatian
    edited Apr 7, 2017 12:29PM

Still the same .....

Maybe because I am using 12.2.1.0 .... I will try 12.2.1.2 and update.

Thanks a lost any ways.

Cheers

pastedImage_0.png

• Mehdi Esteghamatian
    edited Apr 9, 2017 9:09AM

Everything looks prefect in JDev 12.2.1.2

This discussion has been closed.