Forum Stats

• 3,741,749 Users
  • 2,248,473 Discussions
  • 7,861,976 Comments

Discussions

Unable to install node-oracledb in windows 10 64 bit getting The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.

3429628 Member Posts: 3
edited Apr 9, 2017 10:45PM in Node.js

Hi,
I am not able to install oracledb in my windos 10 box.
I need it for creating poc where I will query the data from oracle using node.
I am following the steps from the link given below
https://community.oracle.com/docs/DOC-931127

Here the version of the software I using

• Node v7.8.0 64bit
  • Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017
  • Python 2.7.13 (v2.7.13:a06454b1afa1, Dec 17 2016, 20:53:40) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
  • Oracle Instant Client
  • instantclient-basic-windows.x64-12.2.0.1.0
  • instantclient-sdk-windows.x64-12.2.0.1.0

After installing all the software, in command prompt I have run the following command to install node oracle driver.
npm install -g --verbose oracledb

I am getting the following error

`Project "C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\binding.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
Building solution configuration "Release|x64".
MSBUILD : error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component "VCBuild.exe". To fix this, 1) install the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 2) install Microsoft Visual Studio
2005 or 3) add the location of the component to the system path if it is installed elsewhere. [C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\bindin
g.sln]
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\binding.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\binding.sln" (default target) (1) ->
(oracledb target) ->
MSBUILD : error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component "VCBuild.exe". To fix this, 1) install the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 2) install Microsoft Visual Studi
o 2005 or 3) add the location of the component to the system path if it is installed elsewhere. [C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\bind
ing.sln]`

In order to solve this I have added .NET framework installation directory in path "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319"
But that did not solve the issue. I am still getting the same error.

Please find the console output below

gyp verb command build [] gyp verb build type Release gyp verb architecture x64 gyp verb node dev dir C:\Users\Sauravp\.node-gyp\7.8.0 gyp verb found first Solution file build/binding.sln gyp verbwhichsucceeded formsbuild` C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\msbuild.EXE
gyp verb "Release" dir needed to be created? null
gyp verb copying "node.lib" for x64 C:\Users\Sauravp.node-gyp\7.8.0\Release\node.lib
gyp info spawn msbuild
gyp info spawn args [ 'build/binding.sln',
gyp info spawn args '/nologo',
gyp info spawn args '/p:Configuration=Release;Platform=x64' ]
Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 08-04-2017 14:46:49.
Project "C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\binding.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
Building solution configuration "Release|x64".
MSBUILD : error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component "VCBuild.exe". To fix this, 1) install the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 2) install Microsoft Visual Studio
2005 or 3) add the location of the component to the system path if it is installed elsewhere. [C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\bindin
g.sln]
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\binding.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\binding.sln" (default target) (1) ->
(oracledb target) ->
MSBUILD : error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component "VCBuild.exe". To fix this, 1) install the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 2) install Microsoft Visual Studi
o 2005 or 3) add the location of the component to the system path if it is installed elsewhere. [C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\bind
ing.sln]

0 Warning(s) 1 Error(s) 

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.23
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: msbuild failed with exit code: 1
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\build.js:276:23)
gyp ERR! stack at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:194:7)
gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:215:12)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.14393
gyp ERR! command "C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe" "C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb
gyp ERR! node -v v7.8.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.5.0
gyp ERR! not ok
npm verb lifecycle [email protected]: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
npm verb lifecycle [email protected]: PATH: C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin;C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\node_modules.bin;C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.bin;C:\Python27;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\instantclient_12_2;C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_55\bin;C:\apache-maven-3.3.9\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone;C:\Program Files\nodejs;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319;C:\MongoDB3_2;C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft VS Code\bin
npm verb lifecycle [email protected]: CWD: C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb
npm info lifecycle [email protected]: Failed to exec install script`

I was going through many suggestion for resolving this issue.
I have run the following command as suggested here http://stackoverflow.com/a/39235952/1879360
npm install --global --production windows-build-tools

But after running this I am getting a new error

"C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\binding.sln" (default target) (1) -> "C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\oracledb.vcxproj" (default target) (2) -> C:\Users\Sauravp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\oracledb\build\oracledb.vcxproj(20,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Can anyone help me on this?

Answers