Forum Stats

• 3,814,528 Users
  • 2,258,880 Discussions
  • 7,892,767 Comments

Discussions

Cannot run the application because deployment did not complete successfully.

3433694 Member Posts: 4
edited May 24, 2017 12:02PM in Mobile Application Framework

Hello house,

Please i just installed MAF in JDeveloper. i am so enthusiastics to start using this plartform for my mobile application as i believ its better than Android studio.

however for days now i have been finding it hard to set up, but by the help i had from the community i have gone far a little.

these are the recent problems i have :

1, i have installed an JDK 1.8 and have specified my PATH in my Variabkes etc, but i am very confused if jdk does the same work as the SDK that i was usign in Android studio

2, i have bee asked to specify my SDK path in the reference in jdeveloper MAF i specified the part for my JDK which is supposed to be this    ( C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121 ) . the in the amdroid build tool location i put this (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\lib) believing that the tools.jar is what is being targeted in the folder.

each time i click ok this shows up  "UNABLE TO LOCATE ANDROID SDK IN THE SPECIFIED LOCATION C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121. SETTING THIS VALUE INCORRECTLY MAY CAUSE DEPLOYMENT TO FAIL. DO YOU WANT TO USE THE SPECIFIED ANDROID SDK LOCATION ANYWAY?

if i click yes it will still not change the android build tool location .

PLEASE NOTE THE I DID NOT INSTATLL ANDROID-SDK INSTEAD I INSTALLED JDK.1.8..I COULD NOT FIND ANY STAND ALONE SDK AGAIN EVEN IN ANDROID WEBSITE IT NOT COMES WITH THE ANDROID STUDIO I THINK

preferences2.PNGpreferences.PNG

3, whenever i rum or debug the application this is what happens..

[10:27:24 PM] Validating run configuration...

[10:27:24 PM] Deploying application...

[10:27:25 PM] ----  Deployment started.  ----

[10:27:25 PM] Target platform is  (Android).

[10:27:25 PM] Beginning deployment of MAF applicatiMy APP" to Android emulator using profile "Android1".

[10:27:25 PM] Capturing initial state of MAF application source files in application scope for future just-in-time "Clean All" analysis.

[10:27:25 PM] Unable to determine if application-wide files have changed since a previous deployment. This will require a just-in-time "Clean All" on MAF application build and deployment content to ensure a good deployment.

[10:27:25 PM] Deployment cancelled.

[10:27:25 PM] ----  Deployment incomplete  ----.

[10:27:25 PM] An error occurred when determining if the application configuration changed sufficiently to require a just-in-time "Clean All" on the build and deployment content of MAF application Medroid.  Encountered exception: Failed to get data to populate file config.json..

[10:27:25 PM] Failed to get data to populate file config.json.

[10:27:25 PM] C:\Program Files\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\build-tools\Android-4.4\source.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)

[10:27:25 PM] Cannot run the application because deployment did not complete successfully.

preferences3.PNG

4, i domt kmow how to startup the emulartor  bcos inhave always deployed to my device when i used android studio

thanks pls i need t start work ...thanks a lot

Answers

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,478 Gold Crown
    edited Apr 23, 2017 10:06PM

What is the MAF version? For MAF 2.4

Mobile Platform Mobile SDK Version Native Development Tools Version
    AndroidAndroid 6.0 (API 23)Minimum versions: Android SDK Tools 23, Platform-tools 21, Build-tools 24

For MAF 2.3.2.

Mobile Platform Mobile SDK Version Native Development Tools Version
    AndroidAndroid 5.0 (API 21)Android SDK Tools 23.x.  Platform-tools 21.  Build-tools minimum 19.
    3472026 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 24, 2017 12:02PM

Hi,

Andoid SDK location should point to the sdk location of Android (this will be gets downloaded along with android studio). you can manage the different build versions and emulator using android studio.

Once you start the andoird emulator via android studio or directly by running the sdkmanager batch program, You can now deploy the jdeveloper maf application to emulator

Note: please make sure if your android deploy profile is in debug mode then the emulator should be enabled  USB debugging.

Hope this helps....