Forum Stats

• 3,838,710 Users
  • 2,262,394 Discussions
  • 7,900,739 Comments

Discussions

How to display same 3D node in multiple subscenes?

user13787195
user13787195 Member Posts: 1
edited Apr 24, 2017 2:35PM in JavaFX 2.0 and Later

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble displaying a 3D node object in multiple different subscenes. I have successfully created multiple subscenes with different objects, however

whenever I try to load a 3D node from the existing scene into a subscene the node disappears from the scene and does not display in the subscene ... could someone explain

to me what is happening please?

I am trying to create multiple views of the same 3D object which can be viewed from different camera angles, but which display the same object transform behavior in each view. I have created

separate cameras for each view, but cannot display the same 3D node object in multiple subscene views.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Patrick

Answers

• bouye-JavaNet
    bouye-JavaNet Member Posts: 394 Silver Badge
    edited Apr 23, 2017 8:20PM

Well at least you are not getting exceptions.

You cannot insert it at multiple places in the SceneGraph as a node can only have one single parent.

Initially I though one could use multiple camera nodes to render the 3D scene under different pov for each of the views  but I do not think it is supported in any way or I could not find how to make this works.

So currently I am afraid that the only available option for you is to have the 3D scenegraph in quadruple : 3 for the front, top, side view and one of the free camera pov. Each change to one of the copy needs to be reported to the other copies.

• jsmith
    jsmith Member Posts: 2,856
    edited Apr 24, 2017 2:35PM

Note, it is only the node elements (e.g. the MeshViews) that need to be maintained as separate objects in the various sub scenes. 

Any underlying Mesh and Material objects can be shared between the MeshViews in the sub scenes.

This discussion has been closed.