• 3,839,782 Users
  • 2,262,536 Discussions
  • 7,901,055 Comments

Discussions

Default Dynamic Value for ADF Query Search Field jdev 12.2.1.2

Juw
Juw Member Posts: 169
edited Apr 27, 2017 3:26AM in JDeveloper and ADF

hi i'm following this Andrejusb tutorial (Andrejus Baranovskis Blog: Default Dynamic Value for ADF Query Search Field ). I have same requirement to set default value in select one choice component in Query Search Panel. But it won't work in Jdeveloper 12.2.1.2 version. Whenever i use the "adf.object.viewObject.retrieveDefaultStatus()" it show error when building the project. Also confirmed by this community thread that there's something changing (https://community.oracle.com/thread/3987882 ) when we calling the exposed method in ViewObjectImpl.

please throw some enlightment. thank you.

Regards,

Juw

Tagged:

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,596 Red Diamond
    edited Apr 27, 2017 1:04AM

As I said in the other thread, you should open a SR with support.oracle.com (payable support contract needed) and ask them why they changed the groovy behavior in 12c.

What you can try is to create a method in the application module and get the default value from there. This works in 12c.

Timo

• Juw
    Juw Member Posts: 169
    edited Apr 27, 2017 3:26AM

@timo thanks for your response. will try to contact SR..

for now my temporary workaround is to pair the view criteria item a variable, then set the default value for that variable.

This discussion has been closed.