Forum Stats

• 3,827,121 Users
  • 2,260,741 Discussions
  • 7,897,176 Comments

Discussions

No sound on my laptop, how can I hear the voice on video lecture?

3462211 Member Posts: 27
edited May 8, 2017 1:27PM in Java Puzzle Ball

Hello all,

I want to catch up with this course this weekend, but suddenly there's no sound on my laptop.  I have an old HP laptop with Windows 10 installed.  Anyone know how to fix the sound problem?   

This is an absolutely interesting course (Java coding and concept with a game, the Java puzzle ball).  I've been wanting to learn Java for years and am very excited to bump into this free course.  I am afraid I'll miss this great learning opportunity due to sound problem.  I've adjusted volume to maximum and taken off the earphone, but still no sound.  I've also looked into both system and devices on the setting, but so far can't find anything to fix the problem.  I'm panic about not being able to access the course material when the course ends on 25th of May. 

I won't be able to hear the video lecture when I get to that stage.  I really want to learn Java and learn as much as I can from this well-designed fun course.  Anyone know how to fix sound problem?

Thanks,

Carol

Comments

edited May 6, 2017 4:11PM

Hi All

I've finished Hello World project.  I'd like to be able to take lesson one ASAP.  Can someone please help with the sudden no-sound problem on my laptop?

edited May 6, 2017 7:11PM

Hello all,

I think installation of the Java Ball knock out my sound on my laptop.  After I did a system recovery to the the configuration/situation before the download, the sound came back alive on my laptop.

Hopefully posting here will help other people who were in the same situation as me.

Carol

• NickR2600-Oracle
    NickR2600-Oracle Member Posts: 530 Employee
    edited May 8, 2017 1:27PM

Hi Carol,

That's really strange.  But I'm glad you got the sound working.  Not sure if Java Puzzle Ball would have caused it.  The program doesn't have any special instructions regarding audio settings or drivers.  When it plays sound, it's just like playing any other .mp3 or .wav.

Nick