• 3,827,130 Users
  • 2,260,743 Discussions
  • 7,897,180 Comments

Discussions

Tip for "Project Problems"

stainsb
stainsb Member Posts: 76
edited May 11, 2017 7:45PM in Java Puzzle Ball

Posting this in case someone else has similar issue when opening the start state projects.

If you open the project and get a dialog box labeled "Project Problems".....

1. Click the box "Resolve Problems"
  2. If the problem reads something like "JDK_1.8" platform could not be found (in JPB_MOOC_Lab*)
    1. Just click the "Close" button
    2. Right-click the project name in the Project window and select Properties at the bottom of pop-up menu (will bring up a new dialog box)
    3. In the Categories window on the left of Project Properties dialog box, click "Libraries"
    4. This will update the right side of the dialog box
    5. The top input box is labeled "Java Platform" and if the drop-dow box is highlighted in red-text, the issue is the name of your JDK setup doesn't match the name used by the instructor in his Netbeans instance.
    6. Simply click the drop-down box and select the platform in black text which is the one your IDE is configured to use.
    7. This will update the setting in the project and the code should compile fine.
  3. If not, then this post isn't probably going to help you.

Brent S

Comments

3462211 Member Posts: 27
    edited May 11, 2017 7:45PM

Hi Brent,

Thanks a lot for posting this tip.  I've not been able to try out your tip until tonight.

The cable on my laptop has been constantly playing up (i.e., no power when plug into socket) or sudden loss of power in the middle of using my laptop.  I ended up having to buy a new cable so that I can do lab1 and quiz 1 without fear of sudden loss of electricity / power on my laptop.  Anyway I'll continue to post on the topic I created regarding what I found.  Both your tip and my way seem to derive the same result though.

Thanks for your effort.

Carol